Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello guys,

As the title say it all, how do you do to switch from one set to of speakers to another one with the studio 2/6, is there a quick button ?

Thanks
by Skip Jones on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:59 pm
Streams 1/2 are the main outputs. Streams 3/4 are the line outs on the back that can be connected to external headphone amps or another set of monitors. Quick switching would be the AB button on the front of your Audiobox Studio 26.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by LAIDBACK on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:48 am
Really ? because i have read its a cue for headfones only
by Skip Jones on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:03 am
After doing some research, you are correct about the AB button and cue mixes.There is no hard "switch" and changing monitors would be done through software and I/O assignments. They level hitting the monitors via 3/4 would be controlled in the software also, as the main control knob only attenuates Main Left/Right outputs. Sorry for the confusion, I don't own one of these.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by LAIDBACK on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:28 am
Its all good dude, you already took your time to respond it's already something i appreciate :)
Thanks for your last reply as well, thats what i was afraid of as well, pity because i wanted to buy this interface, a speakers physical button switch would have been more practical than an a/b cue.
For critical mixing situations its far more practical than software hehe.
Just checked the 192 as well which is the same too :(
by matthewgorman on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 am
Just checked the 192 as well which is the same too :(

Not true. The 192 has speaker management capabilities that can be used in either UC, or if you use Studio One it is integrated in there.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Skip Jones on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:31 am
Yes, I would encourage you to seriously have a look at the 192. As Matt mentioned it has a dedicated section in Universal Control for up to 3 pairs of speakers at the press of a virtual button.

I have a 192. For example, my setup, gives me 4 distinct sound stages for auditing a mix along with two physical headphone outs that can also be easily assigned. My current setup:

A - 8" powered near fields B - 5" powered near fields C - 10" powered sub woofer

1. 8" mains
2. 8" mains with sub woofer
3. 5" secondary comparison monitors
4. 5" secondary comparison monitors with sub woofer
* Plus 2 assignable headphone outputs)

There are many many more benefits to the 192 series. I encourage you to watch the PreSonus Videos on the 192 series by Rick or Wesley for more details
. (No, I don't work for PreSonus.)
phpBB [video]

Skip
by LAIDBACK on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:50 pm
thanks very much for your replies guys , i checked the video and documented myself as well on my side i think you are right, i guess 192 series it is, specially for the integration it seems to be fantastic. Saw as well you can switch monitors directly from the studio one mixer whihc would be the most adequate solution (even better than a physical switch)

I guess im set then , the 192 mobile should be fine as i dont need all functions of the 192 ?

And what about the latency issues with the 192, i have a good pc with 16 gb ram and last i7 but use around 50-60 vst plugin per song, my spl crimson was serving me well until now latencywise but it just broke down

thanks
by jpettit on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:54 pm
The latency is the latency.
Not dependent on your computers horsepower.
~10 msec

How complex your song is handled with the dropout protection in Studio One 3.5.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest

9 posts
Page 1 of 1