57 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
Last night it ruined my session (i wasn't aware of the bug, yes it's a bug and a big one)
At some point i couldn't even track anything, monitoring it or not, no signal graphics whatsoever, just the peak line on the input section of the mixer.
Coming back to version 3.3.4 doesn't help, project doesn't open.
Basically i'm exporting all stems, screen shots of plug ins, to be able to work on it on version 3.3.4-

it blows my mind how come an update comes out like this and how stupid i am not checking for bugs on blogs
by jpettit on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:55 am
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=25650
Procedures for punch in added.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by LAGinz on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:10 pm
So did 3.5.1 change anything here? Is traditional punch in with live instruments and LLM now possible?

Win 10 Prof. 64 Bit; Lenovo P52 2.6, Intel 8750h multi core laptop w/32g of RAM and separate sample drives; Presonus FP10; Studio One 4.5.4 Prof. 64 bit; Notion 6; various Native Instruments, IK, Nomad Factory, Soundtoys, Toontrack, BFD, XLN and other vsts and vstis
by jpettit on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:56 pm
Read the post above you

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Funkybot on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:09 pm
LAGinz wroteSo did 3.5.1 change anything here? Is traditional punch in with live instruments and LLM now possible?

3.5.1 didn't appear to change anything.

But, according to the Handbook: if you enable 1) Tape Style Monitoring, and 2) Green Z Monitoring then you will hear:

1. Live audio while playback is stopped
2. Previously recorded audio (only) up to the punch in point
3. Live audio (only) during the punch-in section
4. Previously recorded audio (only) after the punch-out point

If you 1) Turn off Tape Style monitoring, and 2) Turn off the Green Z (either no Z, or Blue Z) then you will hear:

1) Live audio while playback is stopped
2) Previously recorded audio + live audio (both simultaneously) up to the punch in point
3) Live audio (only) during the punch-in section
4) Previosly recorded audio + live audio (both simultaneously) after the punch-out point

Hope that clarifies.

I really think this whole "Tape Style On or Off + Green Z or Blue Z or No Z" is just confusing and quite a bit to keep track of. Studio One should be smart enough to know what I want to hear during a punch in and adjust accordingly without me having to check boxes on or off, or getting several different variants based on checkbox settings. And it's only gotten more complicated over time, not easier! But 3.5 is still relatively young, so hopefully, a better solution will appear in the near future.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by jpettit on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:44 pm
Small clarification only in non Z do you hear both.
Just exactly like pre 3.5. so you have not lost anything just not gain anything with audio punch-in.

Blue Z bypasses S1 completely and there is no native FX in the direct path. However you can do as you always could and add reverb and echo to a bus and it will be merged with the blue path (or even the green path) but with the difference in the latencies of both paths.

If you read the manual that close you also read the reason why tape style monitor is missing in DP/NLLM design.

by Jessa on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:51 pm
Has this issue been fixed yet in the latest version of Studio one pro 4 yet?..Surely by now the developers have this problem sorted?..
by jpettit on Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:01 pm
That the way it works now.

If you want to punch into an existing track try using normal mode.

by Jessa on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Please bring this function back in the next big update. Green Z monitoring is awesome but useless to me if i can't hear live input along with pre recorded track before punch in,, and i don't want to have a workarounds, just please make this work as it should...Please!!!!
by jpettit on Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:53 pm
As said in the handbook and many times here, LLM does not work for the case of punching in on the same track (for technical reasons).
In just that scenario you have to go back to the old pre-LLM method know as "Standard Mode".
In that mode, it works like it use to.

by Jessa on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 pm
Damn, that's a bummer.....I hope that the developers can figure out how to do it, that would really be a game changer....
by timfoster on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:35 pm
Most users voicing concern over this seem to agree that adding an extra audio track with monitoring engaged alongside a recording-armed track accomplishes the desired outcome — in spite of any technical shortcomings or ramifications to playback latency this approach may have.

And yet it’s a kludgy workaround. It requires unnecessary user input and project configuration, clutters the interface with redundant channels, adds complexity and hampers workflow...

Why not simply abstract these functional steps and unnecessary GUI elements away from the user? Instantiate the underlying audio stream and routing of the workaround into the monitoring button-click itself, without the need for a separate visible channel in the workspace or console view.

Make it a selectable preference, and clearly document any technical/functional drawbacks which may accompany each approach, so folks can pick their poison and choose the implementation which suits their workflow best.

That’d be hot yo.
by MikeBowshier on Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:01 pm
This ever get resolved with Studio One 6 ? Or do we use same work around/s as prior versions ?

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mainboard, AMD Radeon HD Graphics-6450, Crucial Ballistix 1600 DDR3 (2x8 dual mode), 3 TB WD Black 7200rpm drives (2 drives), Siig PCIe Firewire, Corsair RM-650 PS, Mackie 1640i Firewire Mixer. Windows 7 64bit professional, PC has been optimized for DAW work.
by Tacman7 on Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:00 pm
Could you run through what issues you are having?

What needs to be resolved?

Thanks

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by MikeBowshier on Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:05 pm
Tacman7 wroteCould you run through what issues you are having?

What needs to be resolved?

Thanks

Sorry. Been away for a while. The original post was my issue too. But after reading this thread again, I found the answer. To monitor both input and previously recorded track during overdubs we have to disable "Z" and turn "Tape Style Monitoring" off. Or create another track to monitor input. Again sorry for the late response.

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mainboard, AMD Radeon HD Graphics-6450, Crucial Ballistix 1600 DDR3 (2x8 dual mode), 3 TB WD Black 7200rpm drives (2 drives), Siig PCIe Firewire, Corsair RM-650 PS, Mackie 1640i Firewire Mixer. Windows 7 64bit professional, PC has been optimized for DAW work.
by andrewhannigan on Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:22 pm
I’m still encountering this issue. When Monitor is enabled on a track and low latency monitoring is enabled the session, I cannot hear playback on the track.
by Tacman7 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:59 pm
Welcome to the Forum!

I don't use the low level monitoring system:
https://s1manual.presonus.com/en/#Funda ... ection.htm?

Just manage my own processing.

People need to see what you're talking about, what interface and what settings, good to know your cpu and OS as well.

Put all that in your signature, then you're setup, click below in my signature.

Some pics of your tracks, settings, and what tracks you can't hear would be good.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB

57 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3