Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently acquired a dante card for my rml32AI mixer and cs18ai digital control console. the issue i'm having is that when the AVB card is inserted i can send audio signal to any of the 16 mix outputs without issue. the problem occurs when i try to send any input (dante, analog or firewire) to mix outputs 1-8 either using UC surface or the cs18ai. the firmware is totally up to dante on both the rack and console mixers and i've updated the firmware on the dante card as well.

also, when i send the audio to mix one, i can listen to it via the CUE via the headphones on the RML32 but not via the XLR out.

i am currently running mac os El Capitan but i'm going to try updating to sierra and see if that helps it work better.

this is a screenshot of how i have the dante controller set up.
https://gyazo.com/c46a3aa29c03725847035b201d5ca1e9

i've asked presonus tech support and we are trying to figure out if it is a software glitch or my dante card is faulty
by sebbywoldt on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 pm
any ideas?
by Karyn on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 am
The screenshot of DC shows you sending 16 channels from your mac to inputs 17 - 32 in the RM. Not that helpful.

Stupid check 1, is the aux muted?
Stupid check 2, is the aux master up?

Do auxes 9 - 16 work as expected?

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by sebbywoldt on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 am
the screenshot is the only dante routing i have set up to the mixer.

no axes are muted, the master aux fader is up and UC surface shows audio flowing to those axes. auxes 9-16 work as intended. i've zeroed out the board and then attempted to route analog, network and firewire connected audio to those axes, no dice. i've triple checked that the firmware is up to date. i've removed all dante routing and attempted to use it with only analog ins, and still nothing comes out auxes 1-8.

at this point i'm out of ideas. might be a software bug or an issue with the card itself
by Karyn on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:21 am
I wouldn't expect the card to affect the basic routing from channel to aux, but the way Presonus designs some of this stuff I wouldn't be surprised ..

You say if works if you put the AVB card back in... when you put the Dante card in to you reload the (Dante) firmware?
Has it ever worked with the Dante card installed?

Sounds like it could be a card issue....

Karyn

Dante Level2 certified.
by sebbywoldt on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:00 am
i reloaded the dante firmware, issue is still there. if you can't think of anything else it could be, it's probably an issue with the card
by Karyn on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:22 am
If you can show that it works correctly with the AVB card loaded then it must be an issue with your Dante card...

FWIW I've been using Dante in my RM32 and SL32 for years with no issues, it should work fine.

Karyn

Dante Level2 certified.
by matthewseymour on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:54 am
Any strange issues with these mixers and it's worth performing a firmware recovery on the mixer. Rules out anything weird going on. So get the latest mixer firmware on a USB stick, remove the dante/avb card and it will reload the firmware.
by sebbywoldt on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:28 am
its fantastic idea and one of the first things i attempted. i just got it at the end of may, so i had to update the firmware to use it anyway.

today the card is getting sent back to sam ash and i should have a new one within a week
by wahlerstudios on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:38 am
Wait... ;-) You can perform a factory reset with legacy firmwares - or perform a firmware upgrade without a factory reset. The terms get mixed very easily, but they are not one pair of shoes. A factory reset completely resets ALL functionalities of the mixer. There will be no information left (settings, presets, scenes, activations) of its time of use before the reset. Consequently a firmware upgrade can not solve problems that a mixer has...

It might be that a factory reset was needed, not just a firmware upgrade. The AVB card working, and the Dante card not, does indicate a "strange" or "funny" behavior. I saw that kind of problem when I sold my SL 2442AI without the AVB card installed until then. The board showed some "funny" behavior (temporary flashing of a two or three buttons) with the original card re-installed. Everything was fine after a factory reset!

It still seems to be the case that a factory reset is the best way to do a firmware upgrade. Let us know how things went on.
by Sing4LTS on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:51 am
Karyn wroteThe screenshot of DC shows you sending 16 channels from your mac to inputs 17 - 32 in the RM. Not that helpful.

Stupid check 1, is the aux muted?
Stupid check 2, is the aux master up?

Do auxes 9 - 16 work as expected?

Stupid check 3, Make sure that mix outs 1-8 are actually setup as Aux outputs, and not subgroups.
by sebbywoldt on Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:51 pm
did that, got it replaced and everything works fine. the card was the issue

12 posts
Page 1 of 1