57 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Im not exactly sure if this is a bug or an intended change but when the new Zero latency monitoring is enabled monitored tracks dont playback- even if you turn off Tape style in the preferences.

It caught my attention because if the Green Z on master track isnt engaged it works normally as it did (in normal mode record/monitor armed track play on playback)

Can anyone elaborate on this?

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by Tacman7 on Sat May 27, 2017 8:31 am
Haven't updated yet, but this z monitoring is optional?

So if I don't turn it on it will work like before?

Thanks

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by jpettit on Sat May 27, 2017 8:45 am
It is currently works per design.
( not the same as before)
Developers are looking at it but don't know if there is an option.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by Lawrence on Sat May 27, 2017 9:00 am
Janko Kezar wroteCan anyone elaborate on this?

There's a way.

It requires setting up CueMix in Standard Mode so you can hear the playback. Those modes can work at the same time. If you are regularly multi-tracking audio you can set it all up for the cues and store it as recording template. Once it's done you never have to think about it again.

I can hear the tracks below that I recorded playback while in NLLM mode while the monitor button is still on.

It will, for more complex multi-tracking audio setups, seem like a workaround for some, but for engineering types it's just getting the signals to go where you need them to go and storing that setup.
by jpettit on Sat May 27, 2017 9:58 am
There is also a free auto mute plug-in that works well if you want to go the parallel tracks route.

SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jpettit on Sat May 27, 2017 10:16 am
https://www.soundradix.com/products/muteomatic/

Here's the basics…

-With TapeSyle on:
-Green Z Active
-Record enable the track you're working on (Not Monitor enabled)

Duplicate the track - then add Muteomatic as the last plugin in the duplicate track plugin chain.
Set the duplicate to monitor mode (not record enabled)

As per the screenshots below:
Set Muteomatic to be closed in stop mode, (cuz your main track will be open when in stop) opened in play mode, (so you can hear yourself during playback/pre-roll) and closed in record mode. (Obviously)
BOOM - instantly you’ll have exactly what you had before with tape style set to off, and the track record armed and monitoring enabled.

by Janko Kezar on Sat May 27, 2017 10:26 am
Thanks for all the info.

Its not a huge problem I just wanted to clear this wasnt a bug but its by design- Now it functions the same as in Cubase. It was just much faster to preview the recorded data with rec/mon buttons left switched on. There are key commands to turn them off so Ill use that just like in cubase.

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by Lawrence on Sat May 27, 2017 10:34 am
jpettit wroteDuplicate the track - then add Muteomatic as the last plugin in the duplicate track plugin chain.

Yeah, that's the problematic part, especially if muti-tracking. You don't want to be duplicating 16 tracks just for that. It works great with CueMix though which is essentially a standard latency mult for playback, no need to duplicate tracks, thanks for the plugin heads up.

It's muting the playback "listen" sub out bus when the transport is in record or stop (to block the secondary latent live input) and un-muting it in play to hear the media. So every track being recorded would feed that one sub out the same way also be automatically locked to the main mix, to hear it all on playback across multiple tracks.

I've been asking for a stock plugin like that, it's great. There are tons of implications of how that could be used in the channel splitter in the Master Bus for other stuff, like to emulate some CR functionality. I actually made a plugin that does that in Flowstone, but that app only compiles 32-bit plugins.

Thanks Jeff. :thumbup:
by jpettit on Sat May 27, 2017 10:39 am
Yes it is configurable.
I just resigned to not being able to monitor the input/ plug-in before the punch in.

by bailatosco on Sun May 28, 2017 9:09 pm
Ooohhh, so annoying... really hope the developers can find a way to solve this.

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by Gammon2004 on Mon May 29, 2017 11:53 am
Ok maybe I'm missing something - So I've just recorded a take of a lead vocal. Now I want to go back through and listen with the singer to find phrases that need to be punched in, and then just punch them in. There's no way I can do that on one track while using low latency monitoring within Studio One? That's....shocking to me, this seems like the most basic functionality ever.

Studio One 3.5.2
OSX 10.11.6
Macbook Pro Retina (2014), 2.2Ghz i7, 16GB
by patricemazmanian on Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 pm
I think 3.5 is great on a lot of things.
But the impossibility of having a monitoring with the track, makes that 3.5 unusable!
Any recording studio must be able to work in punch in punch out! I am extremely disappointed by this loss of function, which is a BASIC FUNCTION!
I hope developers will quickly remedy this very big problem!
I love Studio One and I'm waiting for the new version.

cordially
Patrice Mazmanian

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by LAGinz on Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm
bailatosco wroteOoohhh, so annoying... really hope the developers can find a way to solve this.

Concur!

Win 10 Prof. 64 Bit; Lenovo P52 2.6, Intel 8750h multi core laptop w/32g of RAM and separate sample drives; Presonus FP10; Studio One 4.5.4 Prof. 64 bit; Notion 6; various Native Instruments, IK, Nomad Factory, Soundtoys, Toontrack, BFD, XLN and other vsts and vstis
by devinjones1 on Wed May 31, 2017 2:36 am
Found a work around. Create a blank audio track. Cut on the monitor button and use this track to ljsten to the live sound. Make sure its the same input as the track you want to record on. Arm record the track you want to record but cut off the monitor. This way u can still hear the track you are trying to punch in.
by patricemazmanian on Wed May 31, 2017 8:26 am
devinjones1 wroteFound a work around. Create a blank audio track. Cut on the monitor button and use this track to ljsten to the live sound. Make sure its the same input as the track you want to record on. Arm record the track you want to record but cut off the monitor. This way u can still hear the track you are trying to punch in.

Hello Devin Jones,

This is great, your trick works with a very simple implementation!
It also works very well in multi-tracking (drums, piano etc. ..), just make a group of tracks
I hope your next posts will be as useful as this one!

Thank you
Patrice

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by jpettit on Wed May 31, 2017 10:42 am
patricemazmanian wrotethe impossibility of having a monitoring with the track, makes that 3.5 unusable! <= why
Any recording studio must be able to work in punch in punch <= be specific

We have gone back and forth on this dual monitoring desire for many years as it has been added and taken away several times over 5 years.

There is a strong need to describe the concurrent need.
For example the requirement for virtual instruments vs. standard audio monitoring. The need to hear the performance AND the previous track concurrently after start and before punch in
Please make sure you discribe the actual scenario in detail to help make the case.
Thanks.

by patricemazmanian on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:56 am
@jpettit
Thank you for answering me. My problem is simple:
With the audio, the Auto Punch function no longer works in 'Low Latency' mode ('Z' green on)
With the VSTi it works well.

Ma Config Audio:

My RME Buffer Size 32 or 64 .....
Dropout Protection Medium or High
Enable low latency monitoring on Audio and instruments (4ms audio - 10ms inst)
'Z' in green on the Main Out

I already have a track recorded
I switch on 'Auto Punch'
I define the in out for 'Auto Punch'
I arm my track record & monitor
I record ... I hear what I play, but not what I recorded previously!
If I disengage the monitor it is the opposite!

To work around the problem devinjones1 has an acceptable solution:
Found a work around. Create a blank audio track. Cut on the monitor button and use this track to ljsten to the live sound. Make sure its the same input as the track you want to record on. Arm record the track you want to record but cut off the monitor. This way u can still hear the track you are trying to punch in.

On multi tracks it gets complicated!

I also found another manual solution:
In the options I switch on "audio track monitoring follows record"
I record (button transport bar)
In the passage wanted I arm my track

It works but it's manual!

I hope developer will solve this loss of functionality

cordially
Patrice

by Bbd on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:56 am
I agree we need a better solution for monitoring punch in/out due to the changes in 3.5.
I punch in/out many times for vocals, guitars, and bass primarily.
The near zero-latency options in 3.5 are outstanding but I am hoping this can be addressed soon without the need for a workaround.

Update: Thanks to Jeff below, I am good with this now. In Green Z mode, I can listen to playback w/o the monitor button engaged because I am in Green Z mode.
I can punch in/out at will and can monitor my live input.
EFX that are <3ms work fine.

Now if by chance I want to listen to myself live and not what I recorded and then punch in, using Green Z mode, I would create a second "monitor" audio track as mentioned and simply punch in/out of the original track. The original track would have its monitor button turned on as well.
Last edited by Bbd on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jpettit on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:40 am
Guys real quick punch in is not broken.

Turn tape monitor on.

There is a change in behavior but it has nothing to do with the actual punch in it has to do with "concurrently" hearing two sources

This was intended for the DP & LLM Handbook.
I will add it to Ver 1.2 when I get time.

by patricemazmanian on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:33 pm
Thanks for the information jppetit
It works, I prefer this mode to the old one.
It is also possible to record manually, it works very well:
Remove the auto punch and press record (button transport bar) for listening after there is nothing more to do ...
I was really confused by all these changes, Studio One is an amazing software! Thanks to the whole team.

cordially
Patrice

57 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3