StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
169 postsPage 5 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
gbam55 wroteHi Tourtelot, just hang around for a while longer to see if Presonus chime in with an update ?

Please review the link below which includes the following information:

Other companies may provide support solely through their forums. For anyone coming here expecting PreSonus to be present to respond to their inquiries should know that only the community will respond.

If one is looking for an "official" response from PreSonus for any particular issue they should log a support ticket through our Customer Support Request Page.

viewtopic.php?f=179&t=25407

I wouldn't expect any answers from PreSonus here.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by ricdonzell on Mon May 15, 2017 7:31 am
"For me the RM/RM/CS combination works fine and I can live with it also without any further updates and developments."

The problem with this statement is the fact the current firmware has a significant "bug" where the Fx Mute Groups do not work on the secondary or cascaded RM.

That is something I cannot live with..

If they fix it, then and only then can I "live with it".

For now it's Midas M32 all the way. Presonus has let me down big time and I've gotten no responses on the "Answer" section on the main website, nor Facebook, nor this forum on status of this bug fix.
by stingray1122 on Mon May 15, 2017 9:32 am
ricdonzell wroteThe problem with this statement is the fact the current firmware has a significant "bug" where the Fx Mute Groups do not work on the secondary or cascaded RM.

This bug is fixed in the current Beta firmware. We had originally planned to release this firmware in April but ran into some technical issues that have delayed the release. We're currently expecting to have it in Public Beta in June with a full release in July.

Karyn wroteFor me the only thing missing is Dante returns on the aux and main outputs, and Ray has said he'll look into that.

This is still on the list to be investigated. Unfortunately there's not a quick and easy answer as Engineering has to dig into the code to see if there's room to do it safely in the little remaining DSP.

robranogajec wroteRay. Any update on the Dante 96k question?

Sorry Rob, no update yet. I'll light a fire under them to see if we can speed things up.

gbam55 wroteRoadmap for RM & CS18 - could we give some info as to the future, please ?

First up on the roadmap for the RM & CS18 is to fix some cascading bugs and implement Smaart. This is currently targeted for release at the end of July with a Public Beta starting in June.

Latter this year we're planning on implementing the MIDI ports on the RM mixer and supporting HUI and MCU DAW control on the CS18.

AVB recording on the AI platform currently appears to be a long shot. The AVB chip vendor we used did not implement the AVB clock according to the standard. That's because at the time the clock standard wasn't ratified yet. Unfortunately, before the work could be completed the company was bought and the new owners have stopped supporting it and no longer return our calls. Our Engineers have been looking at it but there's currently no working solution.

The RM and CS18 are still shipping products and are still supported. While there isn't interoperability between the AI platform and Series III platform both are still great solutions within their own ecosystems.

I don't get into the forums too often but when I can I'll do my best to answer your questions and provide updates.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by tourtelot on Mon May 15, 2017 9:41 am
Hi Ray-

I have been a Presonus gadfly lately, and for, I think, good reason.

But it is really great to see you on the forum. Really great!! Thanks for making yourself available to us.

Best,

Doug
by tourtelot on Mon May 15, 2017 9:42 am
Oh, and Dante at 96k for the AI series would be, well, the Best. Thing. Ever!

D.
by jashinrodriguez on Tue May 16, 2017 1:46 am
In his last post Ray says:

"AVB recording on the AI platform currently appears to be a long shot. The AVB chip vendor we used did not implement the AVB clock according to the standard. That's because at the time the clock standard wasn't ratified yet. Unfortunately, before the work could be completed the company was bought and the new owners have stopped supporting it and no longer return our calls. Our Engineers have been looking at it but there's currently no working solution."

I think we all saw this one coming...
In your first post on this thread you talked about a deal on the Dante card for current RM owners, I'm afraid the only way we can have a networked mixer it's going to be via Dante, so, could you please put this Dante deal thing to work ASAP, so we can start adapting to the Dante "ecoSystem" and try to start working as intended when we bought this mixers. Maybe you could put the money intended to research the AVB implementation on that deal so we can have our mixers networked without spending a lot more money.

Thanks.
by mwatzal on Tue May 16, 2017 3:22 am
Hi Ray ,
thanks for your infos...

in a previous Post you write...
.... There is a possibility of doing some "bridge" devices similar to what has been suggested here. I can't speak to exactly what they may look like and include yet but as things progress I'll keep you in the loop.

Is anything plan to make a bridge ?
I think it is additional a good soluten for Engineers who works with a Touchscreen PC at FOH place to have Audio-Connectors for Talkback and Playback music like a MP3 Player.
Firewire / USB for Recording

Michael
by jonas.fagerson on Wed May 24, 2017 3:17 am
gbam55 wroteAVB recording on the AI platform currently appears to be a long shot. The AVB chip vendor we used did not implement the AVB clock according to the standard. That's because at the time the clock standard wasn't ratified yet. Unfortunately, before the work could be completed the company was bought and the new owners have stopped supporting it and no longer return our calls. Our Engineers have been looking at it but there's currently no working solution.

Dear Ray!
Pls advice on a set-up that solves the lack of AVB recording!
I am so incredibly pleased with CS18, RM32AI, ULT15, AIR12, 18sAI, 312Ai etc. We focused on your products a lot because we would easily be able to move between the studio and the live environment. Without the opportunity to use RM32 with AVB, our dream went into pieces, even the studio environment that we adapted for AVB had to be rebuilt.

Give us an offer/solution that resolves the issue or buy back the equipment you sold to us with false marketing. It would be business ethically correct.
by Karyn on Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 am
Jonas, you can do all the network recording you want with Dante.

There are pros and cons when compared to Presonus AVB, but nothing that can't be lived with.

Con: No audio between CS18 and RM32, control only.

Pro: All you need is the Dante card in your RM32, no further special hardware (Motu AVB switch) required.
Pro: You could have an RM32 in every live room in your studio and take inputs from all of them for recording.
Pro: All Dante equipped devices from ALL vendors work together.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by roblof on Wed May 24, 2017 11:33 am
What I don't understand in all this is why developing a proper avb-card isn't among the suggested solutions? The technology already exist for the sl-mk3 and 'only' needs to be implemented for the sl-mk2/rm.

If you are going to swap the card for a dante card then you may as well be able to swap to a compliant avb-card...or?

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by gbam55 on Wed May 24, 2017 12:07 pm
The only reason why I can think of for not doing this is commercial.

The SL3 is already here and developing a bridge may not be a simple affair and may require rights to sw that the previous manufacturer does not want to share ?

Also, why develop yesterday's technology when today's technology is already here À la SL3?

I bet money on the potentiel sw market once plugins are running in on,through or via daws to the mixer which was probably not possible with the technology available in the RM series?

Waves live equivilant is about to arrive on the SL3 market and the financial potential looks high si why bother with rm customers ? They are legacy already, no ?

Cheers

Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2, 16.0.2 (x2), Studiolive mobile, Mac mini i7 Quad core, 16GB, MacBook Pro 2012 (1T Ssd & with all the Ports you need) Studio One Professionnal. Mélodine editor, Fader Port, StudioLive RM32-AI, CS18-ai, KRK VTX4 monitors and KRK 10s.
KRK 10 3 monitors. Yamaha O1v, KRK rokit 10 3 monitors. RCF 725-II PA and RCF 325 stage monitors. Turbosound TQ425/455 DP PA.
by wahlerstudios on Wed May 24, 2017 7:01 pm
Legacy customers hits the nail on the head, but we can be happy that our products are still shipped and still supported. And it's true, as long as we use our "old" stuff, we can not be regarded as "financial potential". I mean, we have spent a lot of money, haven't we...?!

The idea of an AVB II card for the AI family of mixers is not new, but both branches of mixers have no processing power left to handle AVB II. It's not only recording over AVB, the new "modelling" (EQs, Compressors) and the new RTA would also be expected to be available. And besides the technical aspects making an implementation possible or not, I can understand that an discernible difference of features between old and new products makes sense. There is no space for competition under one roof.
by jonas.fagerson on Thu May 25, 2017 3:13 am
Karyn wroteJonas, you can do all the network recording you want with Dante.

There are pros and cons when compared to Presonus AVB, but nothing that can't be lived with.

Con: No audio between CS18 and RM32, control only.

Pro: All you need is the Dante card in your RM32, no further special hardware (Motu AVB switch) required.
Pro: You could have an RM32 in every live room in your studio and take inputs from all of them for recording.
Pro: All Dante equipped devices from ALL vendors work together.

Thx Karyn, The Audio between CS18 and RM32 was the big thing for us! The Dante is ok otherwise...
by robgrigg on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:31 am
Hi

any news on this? I was hoping for a replacement AVB card option. Even if I had to pay full price it at least gets me the solution I thought I'd bought. I have cs18 and use the monitoring all the time.

R.
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:35 pm
No, nothing new. I can hardly think of a new/different option card any longer. Now after the release of SL 16.0.2 USB, a second generation of the RM/RML/CS product line is getting more imaginable. Remember the introduction of the 24 and 16 SL AI boards? If a good selling product is maxed out by whatever reason, a replacement is the next logical step...

May I ask what you do mean by "monitoring"? Are you using the AVB features of your CS (talkback/audio/headphones, remote control for Capture)? Do you combine two RMs in a Master/Slave configuration? Do you want to have recording at FOH?
by robgrigg on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:11 am
Hi, My RML, outboard gear and PC are in cases so I use them for live mixing and in my studio. I use the CS for Monitoring (Studio) and headphone monitoring, especially selecting the aux to monitor when setting up a live or studio monitor mix and to control capture (although this doesn't need AVB) If I were to go down the Dante route I would lose the monitoring.

Would it really be that hard to make a card with the AVB chipset that is in the new SL3? I love this gear but am a little bitter that I seemed to buy two products that were end of life. I appreciate Presonus need to innovate and move forward and encourage it, but I got this gear in Feb 17 so its hard to see it as legacy gear already.

I'd love to get a Presonus guy to at least tell us that no other option is coming so I can move on. ;-)
by ronron3 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:53 am
I agree with you Rob , the lack of information is killing.. I got my RM end 2014 ,which at the time seemed to be the most promising mixer on the planet , This forum was one of the advantages , but since the presonus boys left us it is kinda quiet here . The official facebook page and blog are more like a commercial break , with little useful info .
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:28 am
Correct, since May 5 this year this is not the place for "official" answers any more. Since then PreSonus has recruited more people for the "Anwers" section and almost all questions get answered, but there is also a tendency to not answer questions about product developments and release dates.

Please ask your question here (https://answers.presonus.com). Maybe you get an answer, maybe not...

:+1
by Karyn on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:12 pm
robgrigg wroteWould it really be that hard to make a card with the AVB chipset that is in the new SL3?

No, it wouldn't. But then it wouldn't talk to your CS18 which can't be upgraded...

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by matthewseymour on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm
That is t necessarily the case. Building an avb solution that actually works properly doesn't mean it can't be made compatible with the CS. To be honest avb is a crapshoot. The most disappointing element of the newer Presonus kit is that it doesn't support Dante. I understand the appeal of a license free AVB solution but it feels so far behind now.

169 postsPage 5 of 9
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9