FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
53 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
Hi @ all,

Is it possible through a firmware update to adjust the brightness of the display of Faderport 8?

Thanks.
by jpettit on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:21 pm
no

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by thorstenmustermann on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:50 pm
@jpettit are you sure? The question was not if it's until now possible to adjust the brightness of the display but rather if it could be possible in future time inside a firmware update. And in my opinion it is much more important that PreSonus plan a continuative firmware update for FP8 in generally way. The current state is version 1.01 from November 2016. I hope it is not the last version. But there is no official information about this. Nothing! Nadda! Zero! Null!

Just a small note like: "Dear PreSonus customers. We are working for a new firmware update for FP8. But it takes time. We will inform you timely when there is a new version" Just such small words could be create so much confidence for all users. @jpettit: Do you know something in this matter? Because there are so many things to do even more than just adjust the brightness of the display. Thank you very much with best regards
by jpettit on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:08 pm
They are working on and have plans for updates in the future.

Whether they can control LCD brightness through a firmware update is not likely.
I have talked to them in the past and it does not appear to be something they can control via software.

Your issue might be contrast level and your viewing angle.
Does it get better for you by moving you eyes/head more directly over it?
If so you might have to do an alternative placement.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by markusriesner on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:20 am
okay, Thanks for answer.
by thorstenmustermann on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:13 am
Also from me: Thank you @jpettit for your fast answer.

Nice to hear that PreSonus seems to be working for future FP8 firmware updates. And of course it is appropriate. Right now it seems the new FD8 is not working perfect in wide areas. In this context another important question: Many people are using DAW systems in secure offline modus without internet connectivity. Is there a place/page where PreSonus will official announce a new firmware update for FP8? Right now it seems everybody have to connect the FP8 via USB to a online computer connecting to the PreSonus Universal Control app to figure out if there is a newer firmware update available or not. Not really a comfortable way to check this out.

Concerning to the display viewing matter: For my person it is a more important to improve/redesign the rows/letters for naming tracks on display. (See here for Feature Requests)

http://answers.presonus.com/12710/display-track-channel-names-clearly-screen-shown-track-view

I will assume that this is possible with a newer firmware update. Thank you very much with best regards
by thorstenmustermann on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:41 am
Again this post at this place for discussion.

Hey @jpettit,

thanks for your suggestion. I will show also my idea for a new display viewing scenario.on FP8:

I assume that the FP8 have 4 rows to displaying informations.

First display:

Obove the first row should be every time displaying the channel number. Row two and three should be showing the track/channel name. Maybe each row with 6 or 8 characters. Right now there are 10 characters at one row but the letters are IMHO not big and thick enough. Row four should be substantial showing the panning diagram. This should be the default viewing mode on FP8.

Second display:

Same as first display but when you move the touch sensible motorfaders to volume adjustments the last row will temporary show the exactly full dB scale on display. After release the faders again the panning diagram will showing.

Third display:

Same as first display but when you move the left Pan/Param rotary encoder for selected channel or motorfader on pan mode the last row will temporary show the exactly panning scales from L2 to <L> and from R2 to <R> of course also <C> for center position.

Fourth Display:

If pushing "Track" button twice the two rows for track/channel names will indent to the left side at display to create space for the virtually level indicator and also for the dynamic reduction level on right side. The letters should be slightly smaller and narrower maybe as 3-4 characters each row.Row four is further on the panning diagram.

I hope this make sense. With best regards
by soupiraille on Tue May 23, 2017 11:27 pm
It looks like a new firmware is available since yesterday allowing to adjust the contrast!

፨ Studio One Professional 5.2
፨ Windows 10 x64 (1709)
፨ Intel i9-7980XE
፨ 32 GB RAM
by pieterfranken on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:23 am
I updated to the new firmware but can't find any clue as to how to change the brightness (despite the firmware release notes say it should be possible...) Anyone figured it out?
by Bbd on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:28 am
To adjust contrast:

Turn on FP8 will holding down the Select buttons for channel 1 and 2.
Push the select button 4 under SETUP.
Push the select button 5 under Pan/Param to Adjust Contrast.
Use the Pan knob to adjust for best contrast.
Press Back when done.
Press Exit to restart.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jpettit on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 am
Thanks Bbd
You might to also share your $12 solution. Works well

by Bbd on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:11 am
Thanks.
I will post it in a new thread.
:readit:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:43 am

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Bbd on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 am
Thanks Matt!

Bbd

by thorstenmustermann on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm
Dear PreSonus team,
since you updated the FP8 firmware to 2.0.1 there are some changes in the display view. Right now for SO3 users it seems to be the only changing with this new firmware version to 2.01. No more other advanced functionalities yet. This is a little bit underwhelming to me. (Like more Banks in PlugIn mode and so on) Never mind. Hopefully just a first step.Speaking about the new display view: I can not believe what you are doing there!!! It is just so easy! Please watch your own product page for FP8 and you can see immediately what I'm meaning for.

https://www.presonus.com/produkte/de/FaderPort-8

And then please compare this with the newer product page from FP16

https://www.presonus.com/produkte/de/FaderPort-16

You can see just in seconds that the display view on FD8 product picture is much more readable. (Track view mode) Why is it not possible to get 2 rows for the channel/track names on this FP8/16 display with a little bit more fatness instead two rows for panning? Don't make me crazy! Regarding to the channel/track names in SO3 there are around 9-10 letters to labelling each track without wrap the lines on it. Please transfer this in a logical way to FP8 display view. In track view mode the fat letters like >C< and the panning graphic display are completely redundant and confusing the track view mode. And please: The track numbers shout be displaying only on the the first row on display and not after the track names! (See your own FP8 product page again) See this example for each display with four rows:

Drums
Kick in
[the graphical pan view]

This is just so easy and logical.

After firmware update 2.0.1 the level meters on FP8 display are wider and more identifiable. Fine. But please for stereo channels split this one wide meter into two independent smaller meters for stereo signals. Even quite logical. PreSonus team please think more as musicians and not as programmers. This is stupid! And on level meter view you can not read any more the track names in a right way. This is useless because autopaging names on left side then are illegible. Is it possible to get the level meters colourizing? If yes, do it. If not, thinking about a visual overload sign on FP8 displays. The small compressing level meter from the top line should be alright. Thank you very much with best regards
by TomTama on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:24 pm
I cannot agree more!! Why is so much space reserved for panning info? We need easier to read (larger) track names. And please don't get me started on not having the ability to bank through plugin parameters on the FP8!!!!

2013 Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, TB2, 64GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.7, Dell 43" 4K Monitor, Luna Display, 2X Apollo x8, Apollo x8p, UAD OCTO TB3 Satellite, UAD QUAD TB3 Satellite, UAD V9.14.5, UA OX 1.2, Studio One 5.4, Dangerous Dbox+, Dangerous 2-Bus LT, MiniDSP w/Dirac 2.0, Behringer PowerPlay P16-M & P16-I, ATOM, SSL UF8, Akai Advance 49, Focal Twin 6be, Focal Sub6
by Skip Jones on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:04 pm
All of these suggestions should be moved to the Answers site as Feature Requests.
https://answers.presonus.com/

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by TomTama on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:08 am
Skip Jones wroteAll of these suggestions should be moved to the Answers site as Feature Requests.

For the most part, they already are and have been for months.

2013 Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, TB2, 64GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.7, Dell 43" 4K Monitor, Luna Display, 2X Apollo x8, Apollo x8p, UAD OCTO TB3 Satellite, UAD QUAD TB3 Satellite, UAD V9.14.5, UA OX 1.2, Studio One 5.4, Dangerous Dbox+, Dangerous 2-Bus LT, MiniDSP w/Dirac 2.0, Behringer PowerPlay P16-M & P16-I, ATOM, SSL UF8, Akai Advance 49, Focal Twin 6be, Focal Sub6
by thorstenmustermann on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:20 pm
Skip Jones wroteAll of these suggestions should be moved to the Answers site as Feature Requests.

Sir, probably you are right. But what is the difference posting here or on my feature request which I did long time before. Precisely on 18th December 2016. See here please:

https://answers.presonus.com/12710/display-track-channel-names-clearly-screen-shown-track-view

Since my request above there was over one year past without any changing. Well, after one year waiting PreSonus did some changes on FP8 display view. But it seems the only reason for this update is to match the FP8 display view with the newer FP16 display view so that both units are looking equal. But not for improvements at all. This is a little bit disappointingly to me.Quite possibly not for me alone.

At the end off the day PreSonus announcing a new controller which looking on PreSonus product page much more well-engineered and more suitability than on real world.(of course only regarding to the display view) This is so crazy.
The upcoming discussion for better brightness control and getting a different angel on table for this unit seems to be owed on this bad readable Track/Channel names on FP8/16 screen. This is the point! As more Faders and control knobs are available on hardware controllers as more important is a clearly fast and accurate separation from each fader port or plug-in parameter. To identify well each track/parameter names on controller screens are absolutely the basics foundation. It is time to improve this! Thanks allot
by arvenilsen on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:57 pm

53 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3