Discuss the new PreSonus CS18Ai
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
http://paforum.de/forum/index.php?thread/91490-presonus-sl-16-32-mk-iii/&postID=1303168#post1303168

Interesting post in this forum. Here is a translation: "The RM series will get a new option card, which AVB chip-set will be compatible with the SL III series and the original CS18AI controller."

8-)
by lancelyons on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 am
Thank you for the post..

I cannot read the text well enough to understand, but does it point to the source of the information wahlerstudios?

That would certainly be an outstanding step in the right and proper direction as I see it.

Take care,

Lance

CS18ai, RM32ai+ MOTU AVB switch, MOTU 1248 AVB
DAWs - Sonar Platinum, Studio One
PC - home built
WIN 10
Intel i7- 6700K
Gigabyte Z170 UD5
Thunderbolt, USB C, Ethernet AVB ready, Firewire 400 and 800
32 gig Corsair DDR4
2 HD, 1 TB each
27" PLANAR touch screen
Buncha WAVES V9.2 64bit
by wahlerstudios on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:49 pm
I have no idea what the source of the information could be. "PA-Forum" is a forum of audio professionals, mostly industry, not necessarily music. This guy ("Bodenanker") is one of less than a handful of people who admits using PreSonus equipment (besides the professional stuff) and whenever he mentions PreSonus equipment, he gets a lot of negative feedback. In a way it is strange to see that the SL series III boards find attention in the professional world, while they are still bashing PreSonus. I am only reading "PA-Forum".
by lancelyons on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:24 pm
Thank you for that note.

Take care

LL

CS18ai, RM32ai+ MOTU AVB switch, MOTU 1248 AVB
DAWs - Sonar Platinum, Studio One
PC - home built
WIN 10
Intel i7- 6700K
Gigabyte Z170 UD5
Thunderbolt, USB C, Ethernet AVB ready, Firewire 400 and 800
32 gig Corsair DDR4
2 HD, 1 TB each
27" PLANAR touch screen
Buncha WAVES V9.2 64bit
by matthewgorman on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:25 am
I wouldn't put much stock in this. I can understand the concept of a new card, but the processing is done one the mixer itself, in conjunction with the card, so that won't work. Also, there is no way to upgrade the AVB on the CS18, as there is no option card.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by basmeijer on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:23 am
wahlerstudios wrotehttp://paforum.de/forum/index.php?thread/91490-presonus-sl-16-32-mk-iii/&postID=1303168#post1303168

Interesting post in this forum. Here is a translation: "The RM series will get a new option card, which AVB chip-set will be compatible with the SL III series and the original CS18AI controller."

8-)

Unless this has a legitimate source it sounds like a prank. :lol:
But of course, that wish is based on a lot of desires.
I'll bet it made a lot of RM owners move to the front egde of their seats!
by wahlerstudios on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:52 am
I was watching the live broadcast yesterday and listened carefully whenever there was a word about CSAI/RMAI/SLAI/AVB 1st generation. If I understood it right it was said that the RM mixers will be able to serve as stagebox for the SL III mixers, on the other hand it was pointed out that AVB I and II can not correspond because they are using different and incompatible chipsets. And PreSonus will release their own AVB switch (probably for series III only). But again, features like RTA on iPad will be released later, because they are not ready. So the content list of the update is getting reduced. What we will see on Tuesday was a yesterday called a "public beta".

7 posts
Page 1 of 1