12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey!
I am quite new to presonus and this area, so bear with me.
I have watched numerous youtube-videos on how to correctly set up Presonus to listen for your qwerty keyboard, but nothing seems to work for me. I have also tried reading the posts here, some are similar, but there seems to be no solution for me apparently.

What do I have : Macbook pro laptop, with an external qwery keyboard plugged in correctly.
Presonus responds to this keyboard when I for instance press a key and it turns on/off functions like recording etc. In the presence instrument panel however, presonus does not respond when I press keys.

What have I tried: Went into preferences, added a qwerty keyboard as input correctly. Then in my presence instrument panel, I checked the option for using external qwerty keyboard(its yellow now).

Still not respond when I want to play the piano! Why?
by matthewgorman on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:08 pm
The gui for the qwerty keys needs to be open to record midi data. See if that gets you going.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by koenraadherber on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:05 am
matthewgorman wroteThe gui for the qwerty keys needs to be open to record midi data. See if that gets you going.

Thanks for reply. How can I get up the gui for this? Inside studio one, or just the macs own gui interface for qwerty?

edit: I have the interface keyboard viewer up and running(from my macbook keyboard viewer option). However this is the default one, and is not connected to presonus in any way. Did you mean this? Because it still does not work, presonus studio one responds to record etc. from my external keyboard, but the instrument will not play with the keys....

Attachments
rsz_screen_shot_2017-04-19_at_114137_am.png
how my keyboard looks like(not bound to presonus studio one, this viewer is available all the time in any program/window)
Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 11.38.58 AM.png
how i added an qwerty keyboard in the preferences
rsz_screen_shot_2017-04-19_at_113446_am.png
my instrument screen. note the top right corner where it says I have external qwerty keyboard
by matthewgorman on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:02 am
Going from memory. Look at the bottom picture, and where is says QWERTY in the instrument gui. I think clicking that will open up the qwerty gui. The keyboard you are showing in the second pic is not it. The qwerty gui has the same wrapper as the rest of the plugins.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by scottyo7 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:00 pm
So where you've already noted where it's yellow on QWERTY Key...
Press the gear icon.
That should open another layer just above the instrument inside the same existing window.
Now click the down arrow in newly opened "Content" area and the Keyboard GUI will open up.

Be aware the GUI can fall behind other windows making you think it's gone when it's really not. I'd suggest you click the 'pin' icon on it to keep it at the top. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by koenraadherber on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:38 pm
If you were here now in Norway scottyo7, I would give you a GIANT HUG. I love you :) Thanks, it solved my problem!
by scottyo7 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 pm
Awesome, thanks for letting us all know that was the solution. :thumbup:

Same kind of thing happened to me when I started with Studio One.
It's not clear in the manual how to get the midi keyboard setup as an instrument.

One last thing...
Now that you've got it setup as a midi device and working, "Caps Lock" is the shortcut key that will open/close it now on any VI track. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by koenraadherber on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:10 am
Hahaha what are you? God? <3 love
by m@P on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:58 pm
Is there a "key hold" command inside presence, or chorder? "in the interest of recording pads"
by toddredding on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:23 pm
While this thread is a bit dated it is helping along. Hopefully some of you are still here.
I'm setting up my qwerty ketybooard as a midi controller.
Every thing seems to be set up right in the basic settings. I get sound from my instrument,it shows a keyboard on screen. However, I don't know how to assign keys to notes or drums.
I'm trying out a UK Multimedia Modo bass but when I hit record the midi track is empty in the end.
That's it for now. I was hoping to get around this myself but need help.
by sebastianalvarado1 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:58 pm
Ok so I have everything working I just don't know how if you can assign different keys to play different notes. I know this is a little late but if anyone can help that'd be great
by znomusic on Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:41 am
Why is it so difficult to set up this kind of midi keyboard. In all daws there is no need to make all this anoing stuff

12 posts
Page 1 of 1