9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have Studio One 2 Artist version. Would like to download the Pro Demo to see the extra features that has. I have downloaded and activated the Demo version. Was expecting that it would give me the ability to "Export Mixdown" to MP3 option which I thought was a feature in the Pro version. How do I tell if I have downloaded the right "demo" version. I want the "Pro".

Or is "Export Mixdown" MP3 not available in even the demo version of the Pro software.
by mwright137 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 pm
There are some limitations in the Demo. Can't remember if MP3 exporting was one of them, but it rings a bell.

If you see a tab in the upper right of your window that says "Project" beside the "Start" and "Song" tabs, you're in the demo. Artist does not have a Project page.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by pwashburn on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:04 am
Got the Project tab on the upper right. But still no MP3 option on the Song.....Export Mix menu.

Seems like a silly thing to leave out of a 30 day demo version if you have WAV and AIFF there.

Thanks. I'll use another program to convert the WAV export to MP3.
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:33 am
Vendors have to license mp3 encoders, so that is most likely why mp3 is left out of the demo.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by pwashburn on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:38 am
So, can I add an MP3 encoder to Studio One 2 then?
by Lawrence on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:44 am
You can add mp3 support to S1 Artist with a commercial add-on...

https://shop.presonus.com/products/stud ... One-Artist
by salvadoredelle on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:02 am
Check out the free version of studio one... I think it has MP3 capability... you can import your mixes from artist and make a lo fi MP3 version..

I can't wait for MP3 to die a horrible painful death!

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:15 am
salvadoredelle wroteCheck out the free version of studio one... I think it has MP3 capability... you can import your mixes from artist and make a lo fi MP3 version..

I can't wait for MP3 to die a horrible painful death!

No mp3 for Free version, but yes you can use ITunes to convert to mp3 for both Free and Artist.

And yes, I think mp3 could be retired at this point as well. Broadband internet, and real cheap storage have taken care of that.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by pwashburn on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:33 am
Thanks LMike! I've downloaded the MP# Converter add on and I can export MP3's now.

LMike wroteYou can add mp3 support to S1 Artist with a commercial add-on...

https://shop.presonus.com/products/stud ... One-Artist

9 posts
Page 1 of 1