Discuss Progression - tab, notation & songwriting for guitar, bass, keyboards and drums
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have recorded myself playing a few chords. The notes came out correctly, but the tab notation created impossible chords with multiple notes being played on the same string. I had the recording setting set to 10 (strum). What gives? Also, when I looked in the manual, it states, "The fret numbers for all notes you see in the TAB staff will always be accurate," which really is quite laughable since it has been my experience that the tab notes are almost always different than the position it was played in.
by jdissonant on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 am
I should add that when I strum the chord without recording, the fretboard shows it in the correct position. So clearly, it is correctly sensing what I'm doing. But when I record myself playing the exact same thing, it gets notated in some other random position, illustrated in my post above.
by sunlove on Thu May 25, 2017 8:18 am
Yes, it's that too bad there isn't a logic programmed into Progression to avoid that.
I use Notion to compose on the guitar and it behaves the same way.
I also own Guitar Pro, and it never behaves that way. It has a logic in the coding that avoids more that one note played simultaneously on a string and a logic of fret distance to what a human hand can play.

System specs:
- LINUX Ubuntu 23.10
- INTEL Core5 i8400 with 48GB DDR4
- Samsung 980 M.2 1TB SSD
- AMD RX480 8GB GPU
- Scarlett 2i2 GEN2

3 posts
Page 1 of 1