Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've searched for an answer to this, but have found nothing. The manual does not mention anything. Is this the intended behavior? I see no way of saving the state of the preamps on the DP-88's (I have two used in conjunction with a Studio 192).

When either the power goes out, or I turn off the DP-88's using the power button on the front panel, all preamp settings revert to default - preamp gain goes to zero, and phantom power state goes to off, regardless of where they were set when the power was on.

Any help will be appreciated!

Rob Fischer
by jpettit on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:22 am
Is this connected to Studio One or stand alone application?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by robfischer1 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 am
jpettit wroteIs this connected to Studio One or stand alone application?

This is using Pro Tools 12 on Windows..
by jpettit on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:57 pm
robfischer1 wrote
jpettit wroteIs this connected to Studio One or stand alone application?

This is using Pro Tools 12 on Windows..

OK so by saving you mean last used as opposed to recall for a song?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by robfischer1 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:38 pm
Yes, exactly. I set the pre-amp levels (and phantom power state) on the DP-88's front panels - I then record using these pre-amp levels into Pro Tools. Either the power goes out (as it has twice in the last month) or I turn off the DP-88's - when I power the DP-88's back on, all pre-amps are set to zero and all phanotm power states are set to "off". I know I can set the pre-amps up to be re-callable in Pro Tools (with the midi breakout setup on the DP-88's), but I have not set this up, (and honestly was hoping I would not have to) but if this is the only way to get this working, I'll do it. I just thought that the way DP-88's would work is to save whatever settings they had when powered off, not revert to zero. It seems like a design oversight.

Thanks for your help!
by PreSonuSupt2 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:30 pm
I think you might have something wrong with your DP88. I tested mine by creating preamp levels and 48v in Surface and through both power cycling with the button and unplugging and replugging it came back up the same as I left it.

You'll want to submit a tech support ticket through your user account to get to the bottom of this.
by robfischer1 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:47 pm
Ok - thank you for that information! I will do this.

Rob Fischer
by przemyslawbarbarski on Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:44 pm
Mine does that also, did you solve this problem somehow ?
by charlesdowns1 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm
Same here, brand new unit too. We are 'kitting' this into a system we're designing, and losing preamp settings upon power off/loss is a major deal-breaker.

Also, having to turn it back on after a power-loss doesn't help either...... A simply flip-switch would have been much better.
by langzhao on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 am
Hi Rob
Did you get a chance to figure out what exactly is happening?
I have tried dp88 with both studio 192 and quantum, mine saves settings fine on 192 but zeros out on quantum. Which is very weird.

LZ

robfischer1 wroteI've searched for an answer to this, but have found nothing. The manual does not mention anything. Is this the intended behavior? I see no way of saving the state of the preamps on the DP-88's (I have two used in conjunction with a Studio 192).

When either the power goes out, or I turn off the DP-88's using the power button on the front panel, all preamp settings revert to default - preamp gain goes to zero, and phantom power state goes to off, regardless of where they were set when the power was on.

Any help will be appreciated!

Rob Fischer
by langzhao on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 am
Any body got a chance to resolve this issue at all?
by dlwhite66 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:25 pm
I have the same issue on a brand new unit.
by dlwhite66 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 pm
Same problem with mine. just a few months old.
by nicholasschulz on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:27 pm
Any luck anyone? Had mine two weeks and it does the same every time, very annoying (Coupled with a PreSonus Studio 1824c (not using Studio One or MIDI connection)

14 posts
Page 1 of 1