28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I have repeated the freezing of the Board, every time I ATTEMPT using Capture with USB. So at least for me USB connectivity is not a choice.

Even having USB hooked up and connected to the computer, I will eventually have the restart the Board. I disconnect USB and everything is fine.

The Master Outs also never showed up in Capture.

I AM running EL CAPITAIN on a iMac that is maxed out and everything else works flawlessly, I AM also running the latest version of Capture.

I can Record using the SD CARD and as long as I don't connect USB Board does not lockup.

I AM using for LIVE Events.

Capture 2.3.0.41943 - Built Feb 17, 2017

StudioLive 32 Series III Firmware Version# 1.0.1149 - Built Feb 17, 2017

When Using Capture I AM Creating a new session..

I AM also having intermittent issues with the Talk back Mic.

I still Love the Board, but is anyone else having this problem ?
Last edited by dandillman on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by matthewgorman on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:45 am
Can you list what Capture version you are using? Can you list the firmware in the mixer? Are you starting new Capture sessions, or are you using an old file to test out the board, and there is a possible sample rate mismatch?

I don't know what your setup is, or what you are using the mixer for, but the mixer came with Studio One Pro. It may be a benefit to isolate the problem if you load that and see if you are able to open a Studio One session and record to that.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by dandillman on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:54 pm
I AM using for LIVE Events.

Capture 2.3.0.41943 - Built Feb 17, 2017

StudioLive 32 Series III Firmware Version# 1.0.1149 - Built Feb 17, 2017

When Using Capture I AM Creating a new session..
by matthewgorman on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:14 am
Have you tried it with Studio One?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:30 am
Also, what version of Universal Control is installed?

Matt

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am
At this point I am told that you have an open ticket for this, so I am going to bow out for now. You're in good hands.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by Jason & Kate on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:51 pm
I have this exact same issue. When I record via the USB connection to my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit) it will eventually freeze or cause all the inputs to go dead. Connectivity is also lost between the PC and the board via USB. This was during a sermon in church and I had to shutdown and restart the board twice.... Not good.

Running all the latest Capture and Universal Control software.

Please Help!!
by sheriwright on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 pm
Jason & Kate wroteI have this exact same issue. When I record via the USB connection to my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit) it will eventually freeze or cause all the inputs to go dead. Connectivity is also lost between the PC and the board via USB. This was during a sermon in church and I had to shutdown and restart the board twice.... Not good.

Running all the latest Capture and Universal Control software.

Please Help!!

I'm curious, are you all still having similar problems? I'm using the latest software and firmware, but our board has locked up the past 4 Sunday's. Talked to support today and they offered no help but said they would open a ticket and let me know when they have an answer.
by blgayman on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:30 am
I have tested my 32 S3 for 2 months with no problems with all the various connections. Bluetooth, USB, and network control.
Just today, I'm setting up for a 10 day camp, and the board started freezing. Latest firmware, only cat5 in control port to router, UC connected to iPad and Mac wirelessly.
Board will freeze and UC will disconnect and no buttons or faders will do anything for about 20 seconds. If I move faders while frozen, board will goto new fader levels once it unfreezes. I'm disconnecting the network control today to see if this helps. Same netgear router I've been using for testing previous. A problem I'm not looking forward to heading into live services tonight. I still love the mixer and hope bugs get worked out soon.
by floriankattinger on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:49 pm
Same here with a SL III 16 and latest firmware as well as latest Capture. Board freezes at various occations, e.g. when recording with Capture and the screensaver kicks in.
by matthewgorman on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:58 pm
floriankattinger wroteSame here with a SL III 16 and latest firmware as well as latest Capture. Board freezes at various occations, e.g. when recording with Capture and the screensaver kicks in.

Check your power settings on the PC. Anytime something like this happens, its possible that power settings could be turning off the USB ports, hard drive, etc, and would certainly lead to a lockup.

Its best to turn off all power saving items for audio work.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by emanuelgreen on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:16 pm
Seems like this might be an ongoing problem that needs to be fixed. I also had a problem with my studiolive 16 series iii board freezing. Mixer that is only 1 day use. I have newest versions of uc surface and firmware. Just updated to new firmware this morning during rehearsal.

The board froze 3 times today. I have 1 iPad and 3 iPhones connected to a tp link router TL-WR841N ver. 9.0 that is connected to the remote port on studiolive. While using uc surface on my iPad after a while the iPad would lose connection to board. I tried to reconnect but it wouldn't. Then I went to board and saw that it was frozen. All the meter lights were all stuck, could move faders but no effect on sound. There was still sound coming out of mains couldn't make any adjustments though. Probably with the parameters that the board had before it froze.

I thought it might have been sd capture recording, but I took out sd card and it froze again. Maybe my mixer needs a repair.
by martinav on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:06 pm
You may be in luck!!! I find it strange too. Ive been posting freezing problems, and opened a ticket, and had no response regarding the freezing issue. It has been a real problem for us. Well... apparently it IS a problem for many, and a public beta was released on 7/24/2017!!! I have no idea why it is in such an obscure location in the forums, and that NO ONE made mention of it anywhere in the series III areas... but, here it is!!! Try this v1.4.12299 firmware!

viewtopic.php?f=380&t=26454

I have uploaded it, and we did not have any freezing issues this morning. But, our problem has not been 100% either. I would be VERY curious to know if this helps any of you. Please report!

Also, the firmware is just an img file. You can drag this into the "Version Info" quadrant of universal control, and it does the rest automatically.

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by jasonpanks on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:36 am
I have the same issue. Control surface portion of mixer freezes, but audio is fine. I just updated to firmware from Nov., 27th, 2017, so I’ll check if that fixed it today.

Series III -32/ faderport 8/ Studio One Pro 3.5/ Microsoft Surface Pro 3-Windows 8.1 Pro/ Glyph Studio Mini HD/ Emotiva Big Ego DAC/ custom Mac-Sierra 10.12.6/ Sony MDR-7506 headphones/ various Mackie PA speakers
by martinav on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 am
jasonpanks wroteI have the same issue. Control surface portion of mixer freezes, but audio is fine. I just updated to firmware from Nov., 27th, 2017, so I’ll check if that fixed it today.

I still havent had any freeze issues since v1.4 beta, and v1.5 also good. Will be install inb v1.6 soon, after major even is complete.

Rod

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by zeekdaville on Sat May 12, 2018 3:31 pm
Same problem here. Everytime I update to 1.7 firmware it goes dead then have to reset it. Problem needs to fix.
by PAE Seth on Tue May 15, 2018 10:31 am
zeekdaville wroteSame problem here. Everytime I update to 1.7 firmware it goes dead then have to reset it. Problem needs to fix.

Did you try a Factory Reset (not firmware reset, just user data reset) and use fresh scenes to see if it continues?

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by emisanita on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 pm
it's a problem. I bought a studiolive sl3 never worked I have it unused and waiting here in Argentina to solve the problem.
by martinav on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:57 am
Freezing board problem went away several revs ago. Well, we just had one this week, running rev 1.8.

by wahlerstudios on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:35 am
You might want to check the "Series III Firmware Maintenance Public Beta", which can be found here: https://forums.presonus.com/viewforum.php?f=384.

This is what you can expect:

Series III Mixer Beta Fixed In This Release
• Potential board lockups with Fat Channel plugins or Scene issues under certain conditions
• Potential board lockup with SD Card recordings under certain conditions
• 6-band Fat Channel EQ High Shelf button now works as expected
• Series III Rack Mixer metering now working as expected in UC Surface

28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2