FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey Guys,

I learned to RTFM today! Just though I would share that! :)

~TJ

Regards,

~T.J. Deerinck
by ericgourlain on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:19 am
Apparently there is an update for FP8 (1.02) but i can't make it work.
It transfers, i restart the FP8 as indicated, it starts to load the firmware and back to idle, but firmware is still 1.01.
I tried on Mac OSX or Windows : same issue !!!
Anybody managed to do this update ?

Eric
by TomTama on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:55 am
The same thing happens to me when I try the update. The update process runs, it says it's successful, but the FP is still at 1.01.

ericgourlain wroteApparently there is an update for FP8 (1.02) but i can't make it work.
It transfers, i restart the FP8 as indicated, it starts to load the firmware and back to idle, but firmware is still 1.01.

Eric

2013 Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, TB2, 64GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.7, Dell 43" 4K Monitor, Luna Display, 2X Apollo x8, Apollo x8p, UAD OCTO TB3 Satellite, UAD QUAD TB3 Satellite, UAD V9.14.5, UA OX 1.2, Studio One 5.4, Dangerous Dbox+, Dangerous 2-Bus LT, MiniDSP w/Dirac 2.0, Behringer PowerPlay P16-M & P16-I, ATOM, SSL UF8, Akai Advance 49, Focal Twin 6be, Focal Sub6
by thorstenmustermann on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:37 am
TomTama wroteThe same thing happens to me when I try the update. The update process runs, it says it's successful, but the FP is still at 1.01.

ericgourlain wroteApparently there is an update for FP8 (1.02) but i can't make it work.

Eric

Since the new v2.0 Universal Control was out I'm just looking if a new FP8 Firmware update is available. So clicking in Universal Control at Settings>Firmware update the pop-up tell me: installed FP8 version: 1.01 New Version: 1.02 But Attention please! I would suppose that there is still no FP8 update newer than version 1.01. In this case Universal Control is IMHO a little bit confusing things and just will overwrite the 1.01 version with the same version 1.01. So everybody is wondering why not version 1.02 is writing on FP8. Regarding to the FP8 manual you can see Universal Control will shown at start screen a small notice beside if any Firmware is available. In consequence: It seems you can only update FP8 Firmware when a small notice will pop-up in Universal Control start window for newer update.

By the way: Seriously DAW users avoid using there music computers with connecting to the internet. But if Universal Control is offline it would not be able to search automatically for possible updates. Is there any official place for announcing new FP8 Firmware updates at PreSonus pages/forums?

Greats
by ericgourlain on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:00 pm
You're right !! 1.02 is in fact 1.01.
I resetted FP8 to default. so it went back to 1.00
Applying 1.02 again, installed 1.01
by maxstratmann on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:14 pm
Hello Everyone,

Regarding the FaderPort 8 v1.02 firmware update:

Firmware version v1.02 is only a numerical revision for compatibility with the new Universal Control 2.0. The firmware version that is installed onto the FaderPort 8 is still v1.01 as there is no change to the firmware itself.

Firmware version v1.02 in Universal Control is only a revision for Universal Control 2.0 compatibility and will only reinstall v1.01 on the FaderPort 8 itself. This is normal and does not have any adverse effect on your FaderPort 8.
by thorstenmustermann on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:49 am
maxstratmann wroteHello Everyone,

Regarding the FaderPort 8 v1.02 firmware update:

Firmware version v1.02 is only a numerical revision for compatibility with the new Universal Control 2.0. The firmware version that is installed onto the FaderPort 8 is still v1.01 as there is no change to the firmware itself.

Firmware version v1.02 in Universal Control is only a revision for Universal Control 2.0 compatibility and will only reinstall v1.01 on the FaderPort 8 itself. This is normal and does not have any adverse effect on your FaderPort 8.

So, thanks for clarification in this fact. Are you from Presonus? Looking to your avatar I would assume this. If so, please explain how Presonus will inform FP8 users for a new firmware update later than v1.01 when it's still out there. Should we every day start the Universal Control with connected FP8 also with online status on computer to detect a probably new firmware version for FP8? And of course right now FP8 is not perfect. I strongly recommend more powerful features for FP8 in future. And hopefully do not waiting years for this.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1