You might want to read this post :
I've already created my own templates, but they are very simple. I mean I just selected instruments from VST instruments because I compose for the recorder most essentially. I work on a Macbook Pro.
1.Open Notion and choose "New score"
2. Select as many instruments as you want, or if you're like me, any "VST instrument" you need
3. Hold the Command key and T to leave the score configuration page.
4. Hold both the Shift key, the Command key and S to save your file. Give it a name with a number above 18, for instance : 19 Renaissance Consort, and save it where you can easily get access to it. In my case : the Desktop. The number is optional but it will be easier to find your file in the templates menu.
5. Go to the Application folder, search for Notion 6 (or whatever version). Right click it and choose show package contents.
6. Double-click the contents folder. Search for the Ressources folder and double-click it.
7. Search for the Templates folder and double-click it.
8. Place the file you have just saved on your desktop in the Templates folder.
9. If you return to Notion and choose New from templates, you will realize that the file you've just added is not showing. So quit Notion and start the software again.
10. As you start again Notion, close the popping window and go to File, New from templates. Your newly created template should be there, at the end of the list, since it's been saved with number 19 (there are indeed 18 templates in my folder. For some reason, it may vary for you).
As I wrote, it's a quite simple template, but you might want to play around with the reverb or the mixer parameters as well as your own VSTs' settings too.
I hope it helped.
Thanks so much for this post!
macOS Mojave 10.14
2 - 500 gb + 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
ResidentAudio T2 Thunderbolt audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Studio One 4 Pro
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest