8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm not quite following some of the posts. I think they are telling me that this is not possible. I really need this to work. I will be buying a second Studiolive 16 iii if this will work. I need to be able to use the rm32ai as a stagebox. Am I out of luck???

Thanks,
Rod

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by martinav on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:53 pm
I think I understand it now... the rm32ai will NOT work as a stagebox for the iii series mixers. However... can it at least act as a controller, because I would rather buy the 16 iii, than to purchse the cs18ai. Just to be a little more future ready for updates. I know that the on-board recording would not work, etc... but at least it could work as a controller???? What do you think? Anyone? I might be ordering tomorrow... I need some help asap.

Thanks!

Rod

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by wahlerstudios on Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:37 am
You need to understand that SLAI and SL III are two different families (ecosystems) of mixers and two generations of AVB. They do not "talk" to each other. :shock: If you want to go the SL III road, you need to buy the SL III stageboxes (5 different coming) and personal mixers, which all will be released during the year. There is no product of this "ecosystem" available at the moment, but it will be worth to wait, because the SL 16 is "inside" a 32 channel mixer with 16 auxes and it's the stageboxes that will make this work. Also cascading of two SL 16 will be possible over AVB II.

Your RM32AI works perfect just with an iPad and/or a computer connected via FireWire. Use it until the new SL series is complete. At the given time you most probably will have made up your mind about the future... ;-)
by martinav on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:54 pm
Well, how gear goes, and the fact that I'm not made of money... I will have to use some speculation and go with the SLiii now, and sell the RM32 while it still has some value. The value will tank when all the new stageboxes are ready. I'll just have to figure out how to make that work. Its just disappointing that AVB was never developed to the full extent that it was promised.

by bubbaguth on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:35 pm
The RM32 & SLIII are similar but different solutions. On the SLIII, the DSP will remain on the console...that is not the same as the RM(CS) solution and may serve some better than others. The RM Series (and CS) will be just fine for a long time and will not "tank" anytime soon. As with most technology or gear, we expect it's value to decline over time. My point is to base your purchase (or sells) on your requirements and the available solutions, not necessarily on the latest offering.

There is a lot of information (and yet to be released info for sure) for all of us to consume, especially before a big product launch...I would relax and advise to evaluate when all the information (and technology) is actually available instead of simply concluding that a product's lifecycle is over.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by ronron3 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:59 am
Still Rod's question is not answered .. I understand the avb thing is incompatible ,but is it possible to use a series 3 as a hardware controller for a rm rack mixer ?
by bubbaguth on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:01 am
ronron3 wroteStill Rod's question is not answered .. I understand the avb thing is incompatible ,but is it possible to use a series 3 as a hardware controller for a rm rack mixer ?

Considering all of the information made available so far, I would presume the answer is "no"....at least in any supported fashion or in the near future.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by matthewgorman on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:14 am
Considering all of the information made available so far, I would presume the answer is "no"....at least in any supported fashion or in the near future.

Correct

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

8 posts
Page 1 of 1