45 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Console 1 works absolutely fine in S1. Just tried it. Softube has even made it optional to let you decide if you want automatic naming or numbering or prefer to do that yourself, e.g. to collect all tracks on one Console 1 screen. Too bad I prefer Reaper that doesn't have this functionality yet.
by trusampler on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:33 pm
I can confirm, this last update just made Console 1 + Studio one the perfect daw for mixing imo. Only thing I'd love to see from Softube is to allow a generic mode for 3rd party plugins. I'm really digging the workflow for mixing in S1 now. Feels like a real console ,but with all the perks of ITB.

Cpu:2015 Mac Pro/i7.4790k/Z97X-UD7 TH/16Gb G.Skill Ram@2400Mhz/Ssd Hd's
Interface:UA Apollo Quad/Apogee Rosetta 200/Presonus MSV2/FS Mobile/Dynaudio Bm5a MK2/Yamaha HS80m
Daw: Studio One (current build) / Cubase 8/ProTools 12/Mpc Ren/Code 61
by grinchberg on Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:06 pm
Do you need version 3 or is at also compatible with studio one 2?
by Trechuck on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 pm
New here, hi guys. I have an issue with the Console 1 to Studio One 3 integration. I filled out a support ticket with both Softube and Presonus, but since it is the weekend, thought I would try here in case someone knows how to solve:

When I open a S1 project, my console 1 settings (EQ changes, etc) are not saved. Also, the plugin window does not function (I just see a C1 splash screen). For example, I have placed Console 1 as an insert on all channels and busses in my project. Initially, the plugin works fine, and I make a bunch of EQ changes, etc. I hit save, and close Studio One. When I relaunch the daw/project, my console 1 instances no longer function, when I open an instance, I just see the C1 splash screen, and my changes appear to be gone. Also, I cant make any adjustments, as the controls are no longer available. I removed and replaced the old C1 instances with new C1 instances, but the problem persists... when you close and later restart a session, changes are gone, plugin not functioning. I am using:
Console 1 latest version from 10/21/16. I use the VST3 plug. Daw: Presonus Studio One 3 version 3.3.2.40899 from 11/25/16. Mac OSX 10.11.6

Anyone getting this issue?
by NikkDust on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:47 pm
I have the exact same problem. anyone got a fix for ir?

Trechuck wroteNew here, hi guys. I have an issue with the Console 1 to Studio One 3 integration. I filled out a support ticket with both Softube and Presonus, but since it is the weekend, thought I would try here in case someone knows how to solve:

When I open a S1 project, my console 1 settings (EQ changes, etc) are not saved. Also, the plugin window does not function (I just see a C1 splash screen). For example, I have placed Console 1 as an insert on all channels and busses in my project. Initially, the plugin works fine, and I make a bunch of EQ changes, etc. I hit save, and close Studio One. When I relaunch the daw/project, my console 1 instances no longer function, when I open an instance, I just see the C1 splash screen, and my changes appear to be gone. Also, I cant make any adjustments, as the controls are no longer available. I removed and replaced the old C1 instances with new C1 instances, but the problem persists... when you close and later restart a session, changes are gone, plugin not functioning. I am using:
Console 1 latest version from 10/21/16. I use the VST3 plug. Daw: Presonus Studio One 3 version 3.3.2.40899 from 11/25/16. Mac OSX 10.11.6

by alexgick on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:34 am
NikkDust wroteI have the exact same problem. anyone got a fix for ir?

Trechuck wroteNew here, hi guys. I have an issue with the Console 1 to Studio One 3 integration. I filled out a support ticket with both Softube and Presonus, but since it is the weekend, thought I would try here in case someone knows how to solve:

exactly the same for me.

I noticed last 2 days. maybe was ok 2 weeks ago not sure what has changed ?
maybe was always happening and I didn't realise.

was going to say maybe windows update but can see mac user has same problem.

I am on windows 10.
by Trechuck on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:47 am
alexgick wrote
NikkDust wroteI have the exact same problem. anyone got a fix for ir?

exactly the same for me.

I noticed last 2 days. maybe was ok 2 weeks ago not sure what has changed ?
maybe was always happening and I didn't realise.

was going to say maybe windows update but can see mac user has same problem.

I am on windows 10.

Hi guys, Softube support just emailed me and said this is a confirmed issue with Studio One 3.3.2. They said if I want to try reverting back to S1 3.3.1 that it might fix the problem. I have not done that yet, I have to research how to revert to a previous version.
by alexgick on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:20 pm
Trechuck wrote
Hi guys, Softube support just emailed me and said this is a confirmed issue with Studio One 3.3.2. They said if I want to try reverting back to S1 3.3.1 that it might fix the problem. I have not done that yet, I have to research how to revert to a previous version.

I've been tinkering around with studio one to try + work this out , I felt sure it was working previously.

what I have found , on 3.3.2 + using vst3 ( so all track auto functionality) is that if I start studio 1 and open project I am working on with console 1's inserted then they do not seem to appear.

what I have discovered is that if I open a different song first and then close this .. and then open the project with console 1 inserts , as soon as I click on a channel with console 1 inserts everything working fine.

so maybe this could be worth a try, open any other song first , close it , .. then open the song you want to work on with saved c1's.
by Trechuck on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:57 pm
Well, I reverted to S1 3.3.1, and the Console 1 integration seems to work fine now. Settings saved between sessions, etc.
by alexgick on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:20 am
Trechuck wroteWell, I reverted to S1 3.3.1, and the Console 1 integration seems to work fine now. Settings saved between sessions, etc.

ah cool, 3.3.1 still has console 1 full feature set.

will probably roll this back myself.

but does seem to work fine in 3.3.2 if you open any song then close before opening song you want to work on.

makes u wonder what else might be wrong though + looking at release notes not missing a lot in 3.3.2 , just faderport 8.
by damblack on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Same here.

Deactivating and then reactivating all Console 1 instances seems to do the trick.
Then all settings reappear.
by Gammon2004 on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:19 pm
Any idea if 3.3.3 fixes this behavior? I have been deliberately not using 3.3.2 since reading that it was causing issues with Console 1. (Thanks guys for posting about it!)

Studio One 3.5.2
OSX 10.11.6
Macbook Pro Retina (2014), 2.2Ghz i7, 16GB
by damblack on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:44 am
Gammon2004 wroteAny idea if 3.3.3 fixes this behavior? I have been deliberately not using 3.3.2 since reading that it was causing issues with Console 1. (Thanks guys for posting about it!)

Sadly, the new update does NOT resolve this particular issue with Console 1.
by bboerma on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:24 am
damblack wrote
Gammon2004 wroteAny idea if 3.3.3 fixes this behavior? I have been deliberately not using 3.3.2 since reading that it was causing issues with Console 1. (Thanks guys for posting about it!)

Sadly, the new update does NOT resolve this particular issue with Console 1.

I can confirm this. It's back again to 3.3.1.

Home Studio Connection
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One 3.5 Pro - Win 10 X64 ( i7 6700k, 16 GB Dual 2400) - Focusrite 6i6
Focal Alpha 50 - Softube Console 1 - Faderport - Monitor Station v2
by Gammon2004 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:27 pm
So, um....just to follow up, but it seems as though we're still at a place where we can't use Console 1 with the latest version of Studio One, and have been for about a month, correct? Really wondering when to expect a fix for this...

Studio One 3.5.2
OSX 10.11.6
by irvingomez on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:02 pm
Gammon2004 wroteSo, um....just to follow up, but it seems as though we're still at a place where we can't use Console 1 with the latest version of Studio One, and have been for about a month, correct? Really wondering when to expect a fix for this...

Whenever Softube fixes the problem.

Absolutely ZERO chance Presonus will move a finger to make Studio One more compatible with anything. The same problem that some iLok-protected products had, until the original developers fixed the issue(s).
by bboerma on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:07 am
I asked Softube about an estimated release time for the fix:
This is their respons:

"We're doing our very best to release the fix for Studio One as soon as possible. It is definitely a top priority issue for us to fix.

If all goes according to plan, the fix will be included in our next update.

Our current software version is 2.3.90 (as seen here: https://www.softube.com/download.php). If there hasn't been a new version released in a couple of weeks from now, please get back to me and ask for an update."

Home Studio Connection
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by nk_e on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:30 am
Thanks for posting all of this info. I had been considering a Console 1 given its new price, but this thread reminds me that 3rd party controllers are at the mercy of third party updates. The Raven has the same issue from time to time.

Thx.

aka "gesslr" or "george napier"

10 core iMacPro 1,1 | 64GB | OSX 10.15.6 | S1Pro 5.0.1 | MOTU I/O | Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.storyaudio.com
FB: geo.napier3

PLEASE SUPPORT THESE FRs

Video follows edit mode
http://tinyurl.com/yc2gc9b3

Studio One Workspaces
http://tinyurl.com/ybgfjpoj
by bboerma on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:46 pm
New update on Softube side arrived and works flawless with SO 3.3.3!!
The new bypass function in Console1 is also operational. Great!!
The support of UAD is also implemented.

Home Studio Connection
by Gammon2004 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:23 pm
I'm getting very weird issues on S1 3.3.3 on OSX 10.12 - tracks keep randomly muting and un-muting. Makes it un-useable.

Studio One 3.5.2
OSX 10.11.6

45 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3