93 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Narech updated the executable library (v1.0.8) on the 26th of January.

Latest update of the scripts library (v1.2.3) is from yesterday.
by Funkybot on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:26 pm
Today he just added an Articulation Assistant. You add the Keyswitches in Drum Map mode in S1 just like you would a drum part, then select the notes you want, open the Articulation Assistant, and the desired keyswitch can be selected and written for the selected notes. Once you save your articulation profile you can just save it and reuse it again without having to create the drum map.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by muziksculp on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:09 pm
Cool scripts for Studio One.

Does installing these scripts affect the performance/reliability of Studio One 3 in any way ? (I'm kind of nervous when it comes to messing around with non-official add-ons to a DAW.

I hope Studio One 4 will have all of these features built-in to it, and much more.

A MIDI drum editor would be very useful as well.

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by Skaperverket on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:14 am
Funkybot wroteToday he just added an Articulation Assistant. You add the Keyswitches in Drum Map mode in S1 just like you would a drum part, then select the notes you want, open the Articulation Assistant, and the desired keyswitch can be selected and written for the selected notes. Once you save your articulation profile you can just save it and reuse it again without having to create the drum map.

Thanks for letting us know and explaining, Funkybot. And thanks to Narech for sharing all his work. Impressive update.
by Skaperverket on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:07 am
Narech updated the executable library (v1.1.0) and the scripts library (v1.3.7) yesterday.

F.i. the new exe lib added a Memory Status window.

www.studioonex.narechk.net
by Lawrence on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:06 pm
Cool. :thumbup: I'm still making various little random tools for myself...

by Funkybot on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:11 pm
Lawrence wroteCool. :thumbup: I'm still making various little random tools for myself...

Coulda used that one last night. I have a tendency to develop a simple 4 bar drum loop, make a bunch of copies of it, then use that as a framework for sketching out a song. This would definitely speed up that process.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Bbd on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:39 pm
Narech and Lawrence,

These scripts are really awesome. Thank you both for taking the time to knock them out.
Custom colors, an event list, track notes, midi fllters, killer repeat function, scroll/zoom mouse enhancements, and much more.

As an end user, I am really benefiting from your hard work.

Thank you!

:lol:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Skaperverket on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:29 am
Really cool, Lawrence. You're talented.

Narech has posted new updates. Impressive, once again.
by frank.crow on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:20 am
Lawrence wroteAfter installing (and looking over the code of ) the script package from this thing (which works really well, the selection filter) I have mixed feelings about it all.

But as relates to the dll, (or if you're on OSX) you can just copy the *.package file to your \scripts folder to use the midi selection thing. No need to use the dll unless you want to try the other functionality. The midi thing is pure JS.

Lawrence
Thanks for the post. I've been going back and forth about installing this. I was afraid of it being malware or breaking my stuff by installing it wrong. I really respect your opinion so if you're using it then I feel confident about installing it.
I'm sorry to bother you but I'm getting pretty lost about how to install it on my Mac. Would you mind walking me through the process?

Much appreciated
:thumbup:

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by frank.crow on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:36 am
I see a separate download for Executable Library and Scripts Library. Can I download one without the other? The website shows different functions for each if I'm understanding correctly. I'm more interested in those functions.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Skaperverket on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 am
The executable library is for Windows only. Script library works for Mac and Win. You can download them separately.
by frank.crow on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:32 pm
Skaperverket wroteThe executable library is for Windows only. Script library works for Mac and Win. You can download them separately.

Thank you so much

Would you happen to know the best way to install this? I've read it and I think that I'm overthinking it. You know making something pretty straight forward way more complicated than it actually is?

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Funkybot on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:24 pm
frank.crow wrote
Skaperverket wroteThe executable library is for Windows only. Script library works for Mac and Win. You can download them separately.

Thank you so much

Would you happen to know the best way to install this? I've read it and I think that I'm overthinking it. You know making something pretty straight forward way more complicated than it actually is?

You're on Mac...just find your Studio One\Scripts folder and copy/paste the Scripts package to that folder and start Studio One.

Easy peasey.

On Windows, it's a little more involved because you have to play with the dll's, but since that stuff doesn't work on Mac anyway, no need.

by frank.crow on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:41 pm
Funkybot wrote
frank.crow wrote

Thank you so much

You're on Mac...just find your Studio One\Scripts folder and copy/paste the Scripts package to that folder and start Studio One.

Easy peasey.

On Windows, it's a little more involved because you have to play with the dll's, but since that stuff doesn't work on Mac anyway, no need.

If I follow this path: Mac HD/System/Library/
I see folders for

Scripting Additions
Scripting Definitions

If I follow this path: Mac HD/System/Library/
I see folders for

Scripts
Scripting Additions

"Im lost"

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)

by Funkybot on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 pm
If it's anything like Windows, it will be the folder called Scripts. To confirm, does the folder contain files called: audioedit.package, and musicedit.package along with other .package files? If so, that's where it goes. If not, maybe someone who actually has experience on a Mac can help.

by mrpicholas on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:41 am
I went to Applications>Studio One then right (control) click the folder to "Show Package Contents"

You should see the folder called "Scripts" in there. Drag the downloadable file into the folder and it works.

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM & OS 11.6.4. Studio One Professional 5, Notion 5, Presonus Quantum 2626, PreSonus Sceptre S6, FaderPort, Melodyne Editor, plugs from Waves, AAS, Arturia, Nomad Factory, IK. Faber-Castell #2 Pencil
by Skaperverket on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:15 am
What mrpicholas said.

This means that every time S1 is updated (to 3.3.4 or 3.4 etc.) you might have to do it again because each instance of S1 is a separate instance, and the file is placed inside the app itself. Sounds complicated, but it's really easy.
by Lawrence on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:21 am
Skaperverket wroteReally cool, Lawrence. You're talented.

Not really. In the bigger picture I'm a hack. :lol:

Narech has posted new updates. Impressive, once again.

Yes. Cool stuff. I was hoping Narech would share more about the object model & methods so some of us others who code in JS can do some other things, but he apparently didn't like people reading his code and locked it all down like the Presonus script packages. I suppose he's not in a sharing mood. :) I'm still occasionally chatting with the developers about just publishing an API so anyone can do it.

What Narech is doing is great, but I'd want to do some other different things, for example, his nice Track Notes script allows renaming tracks, something I can't yet figure out how to do, which opens up a relative ton of useful functional possibilities that his scripts don't yet explore, If the object model was published / documented, anyone could do it. In the interim I'll keep trying. I'll likely fire off an email to one of the developers asking about that to see if they'll give me some examples of how to rename tracks via a script.
by Funkybot on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:32 pm
I suspect Presonus aren't too interested in opening up API's into S1 because they might not want others monetizing S1 updates, or have folks step on their toes in terms of development, not to mention the potential for support headaches.

Taking the concerns one at a time for instance, what's to stop you or Narech from selling your updates? I'd honestly throw him a few bucks for the features he's added that I've found valuable. Presonus might not like that. Now...what if Presonus want to add a fullscreen mode, an articulation editor, MIDI event list, a MIDI Event Filter and mouse/zoom enhancements as part of a paid upgrade? Now anyone running Narech's updates are going to say, "I already have the new features I wanted from Narech and don't need to upgrade now." That's lost money.

What if Presonus wants to utilize Alt+Enter as a modifier and you or Narech are already using it for fullscreen mode via your unofficial updates? Do they work around that, or break the other functionality?

What about when crashes occur or a particular feature stops working as expected and they come to find out that you're using some unofficial scripts packages? My guess is they're going to say, "sorry pal, if you're not running a stock version of Studio One, we can't offer support."

That's all just conjecture on my part, but that's my guess as to why Presonus has yet to open up any API's into S1 and is probably unlikely to do so. I could very well be wrong, and I'm certainly talking out of my behind so take this is food for thought and no more.

93 postsPage 3 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5