Sorry I missed you.
I don't know a lot about Ableton, BUT, I think if you go into your I/O settings (works in Pro Tools), make sure you have your outputs set correctly to the 1,2,3,4 on your interface, then go to UC control.
There should be DAW 1-2 DAW 3-4, etc. at the bottom if you scroll your tracks all the way to the end. You can unlink them and make them 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Then go to the right to the output tabs click on each one and mute the DAW that you DON'T want to hear on that output.
It was written to work with Studio One. Unless you are using Studio One, you need to use UC for control.
You can also look in the manual for instruction on using a midi controller for some aspects of the 192.
Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
I know this post is old, but I was having similar problems with my brand new PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile that I just started using In June 2019. Using a MacBook Pro 2015 retina running OS High Sierra. I was getting crackling distortion anytime an audio track started playing, didn't matter if it was on the web or in an app, it was like a popping distortion and happened 90% of the time you started playing any audio. Levels were super hot as well and routing into Ableton live was a nightmare, especially setting up a headphone cue. Even read a similar issue from someone and the PreSonus rep recommended using a USB 2.0 cable. How do you even do that? It has a USB 3.0 output port, you can't convert it, you can just plug it into a USB 2.0 port if you've got one.
Similar solution. Turn on "bypass" in UC and set your direct outputs up in Ableton. Where I kept getting stuck is the outputs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 in Ableton do not correspond to the same outputs on the Studio 192. Took me forever to figure it out. Once I got that right everything worked properly and the mysterious crackle distortion has also disappeared in Ableton and everywhere else. Not sure how that bodes for actually integrating UC into a different app, but in this scenario it works.
Hopefully this may save someone else a bunch of headaches trying to integrate a PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile into Ableton Live on a Mac, particularly for headphone cue, distortion pops and an overly hot audio signal.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests