Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I can not control the outputs 1 2 3 4 from my daw [Ableton] bypassing the mixer universal control. I can control the outputs via daw? I can not fix the problem. thanks
by vickibarnes on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:25 pm
Sorry I missed you.
I don't know a lot about Ableton, BUT, I think if you go into your I/O settings (works in Pro Tools), make sure you have your outputs set correctly to the 1,2,3,4 on your interface, then go to UC control.
There should be DAW 1-2 DAW 3-4, etc. at the bottom if you scroll your tracks all the way to the end. You can unlink them and make them 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Then go to the right to the output tabs click on each one and mute the DAW that you DON'T want to hear on that output.
by davidesciascia on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:59 pm
the setting of inputs and outputs of ableton set correctly. I would like to work with uc control bypassed. to control everything through ableton, as I always have. I tried with a different daw, '' studio one 3 '' and everything works. I do not understand why not work with ableton
by matthewgorman on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:18 pm
It was written to work with Studio One. Unless you are using Studio One, you need to use UC for control.

You can also look in the manual for instruction on using a midi controller for some aspects of the 192.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by davidesciascia on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:23 pm
I solved the problem of ableton outputs 3-4 are displayed as 5-6. selecting them is everything ok :+1 :? :? :?
by samuelpham on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:23 pm
I know this post is old, but I was having similar problems with my brand new PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile that I just started using In June 2019. Using a MacBook Pro 2015 retina running OS High Sierra. I was getting crackling distortion anytime an audio track started playing, didn't matter if it was on the web or in an app, it was like a popping distortion and happened 90% of the time you started playing any audio. Levels were super hot as well and routing into Ableton live was a nightmare, especially setting up a headphone cue. Even read a similar issue from someone and the PreSonus rep recommended using a USB 2.0 cable. How do you even do that? It has a USB 3.0 output port, you can't convert it, you can just plug it into a USB 2.0 port if you've got one.

Similar solution. Turn on "bypass" in UC and set your direct outputs up in Ableton. Where I kept getting stuck is the outputs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 in Ableton do not correspond to the same outputs on the Studio 192. Took me forever to figure it out. Once I got that right everything worked properly and the mysterious crackle distortion has also disappeared in Ableton and everywhere else. Not sure how that bodes for actually integrating UC into a different app, but in this scenario it works.

Hopefully this may save someone else a bunch of headaches trying to integrate a PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile into Ableton Live on a Mac, particularly for headphone cue, distortion pops and an overly hot audio signal.

Cheers ! :mrgreen:

6 posts
Page 1 of 1