StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I purchased a RM32ai last January 2016.
I have now used the mixer for about a year, but mostly in my basement because my band plays clubs with in house PA systems. So .... we are now starting to branch out into other venues, and I need some help. I am NOT, let me repeat ... I am NOT a sound guy. I am a lead vocalist, and I own our PA, which is why I bought a good one!! :-) I am hiring a sound guy with PreSonus experience for a few gigs, but I still want to know how to run my own piece of equipment.

So, after one year, I am going back to look for more training on UC Surface. All I can find are the same nine video's that came with the license from a year ago. Why?

I honestly thought there wasn't that much last year, because the units were so new, but this is one year later, and there is nothing more?? There seems to be tons of videos on Studio Live, but not UC surface??

Again, why??

Where do I go to get help making this thing putty in my hands?
by Skip Jones on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:24 pm

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by doyleletson on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:26 pm
Yep!
There are only 8 videos for UC Surface?
by Skip Jones on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 pm
I only checked the PreSonus site for a quick reply.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by doyleletson on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm
I'm just saying ... For someone who never owned any other PreSonus mixer, and has no knowledge of prior models, it would be nice if there were more videos to learn about UC Surface.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:13 pm
There are only a few videos about UC Surface 1.3 (we are on UC 1.8 already...), but there are a lot of training videos for the (old) SL series. UC Surface is nothing than an abstract visualization of what you do on the board's physical surface. In 2014 Doug Gold released a series of 30 videos about anything related to mixing (in church). I think the videos are really helpful for any starters. Here is the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT64a8yyERc. Of course you need to "translate" everything to the virtuality of UC Surface, but once you understood the theme, you can find out how to handle it with UC Surface.
by doyleletson on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:50 am
I watched all of those last night. Helpful, so thanks!
Sure wish there was more videos available related to UC Surface!
by craigmilne on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:04 pm
I agree that the tutorials are VERY minor.

I do have experience with real mixer boards but struggle with the UC surface. I cannot even find simple things like why only getting only left channel mains and no right. The videos show dual left right faders but on my setup there is only one.

I will also watch you videos but Presonus should have better videos for the lay person.

Craig
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:04 pm
These videos might be helpful for you:

UC Surface 1.3
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnQ-ztvjHMiqCDaBPnqxRjCpXZK3NE9cC

PreSonus UC Surface—What's new in 2.0?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdNPJiq9KoA

I think I do not understand your question fully. Only "linked" channels show a dual metering, so select channel 1 and press the button "link". This unites the metering of channels 1 and 2. I think this should be shown and explained in the videos, otherwise just try.. ;-)

Reading the manual is also very helpful. Go to the download page (https://www.presonus.com/support/downloads) and get this: StudioLive AI Software_ReferenceManual-EN-V6_05042017.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1