93 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Cool stuff Lawrence. I already picked up your "Select Clips" script on KVR. It's great for when I want to quickly delete Muted clips. I tried the "Select Stretched Clips" on a stretched MIDI clip, but it didn't work, though I suspected upfront that was only for audio. The Rename Clips one can be super handy too. Hope you formally share these (or perhaps you already are and I'm just missing where).

I know you've been a proponent of enhanced scripting in S1, and it seems like with some help from Narech, you've got some cool stuff going on using existing functionality.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Lawrence on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:20 pm
Let me try to put all of this in context because it maybe creates a bit of an ethical dilemma in one regard.

The main thing from the first link contains what is clearly kind of a hack, a hijack or re-purposing of a dll or call to a dll, which may be viewed as being slightly unethical by the company. That is what does the mouse and panning stuff, the dll.

The other part, the script package, not so much. That part is doing pretty much what anyone can do by coding in the macro toolbar JS files. It only uses some new (to we people who do that in JS) methods and objects... in particular, one interface that was not identified in the macro toolbar JS files.

That part of it is more Narech having done something that apparently nobody else thought to do before, create stand alone script packages instead of doing that same thing inside the macro toolbar files, so in that regard (unless they shut down script access there at some point) that part of it is not really a hack, just more ... information.
by Funkybot on Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 pm
The .dll piece I can see Presonus not being pleased with, but as long as it doesn't break anything or cause instability, it should be fine. If anything, they should look to implement these features ASAP to negate the need. The horizontal scroll, pan, and fullscreen mode are all huge!

I also really like the script piece. I can't imagine Presonus having any problems with people sharing these types of scripts since that functionality looks to have been built just to allow for stuff like this, so I don't see any issue with users taking advantage of these features.

If you develop any cool script packages that might benefit the community (MIDI logical editor? - pretty please!), consider sharing. Thanks Lawrence!

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Lawrence on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:34 pm
If you develop any cool script packages that might benefit the community (MIDI logical editor? - pretty please!), consider sharing.

I've already done that one. I'll test it for a few more days before posting it. It kinda overlaps some of the midi functionality that's already in the main topic package, but a different presentation. It's working well so far, I just need to think about what else if anything to add before I share it.

And again, thanks to Narech for lighting up this path. I'm really not in the habit of claiming credit for things I didn't fully do. Without his code being available to study this wouldn't have been possible (by me anyway).
by Funkybot on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:02 pm
Good stuff Lawrence.

Some ideas:

1. Note Velocity Compressor: Set Min and Max velocity without touching anything in between (you're close with the velocity randomizer functionality).

2. Randomize timing of select notes only. Looks like you can already randomize velocity between a low/high, someone might fancy some timing randomization on only selected notes (example, loosening up a closed hihat only - you can do that via the PRV, but this presentation might work better).

3. Delete notes. Might be a good way to delete certain notes.

4. Add notes above or below. Example, select a few notes and add a selected harmony above or below.

5. Controller/Event Editing: Turn Expression data into Modwheel, Modwheel into Aftertouch, CC77 into Expression, etc. I really need a realtime MIDI input transformer and this would theoretically do that after the fact.

6. Change Controller Data into Note Data: example, I tap my sustain pedal (CC64) and every time it hits velocity 127 it maps to note B3 (my kick drum) at a preset velocity. Again, probably better suited for realtime use in a MIDI Transformer type plugin, but perhaps someone can think of other non-realtime use cases.

7. Strip event/controller data. Similar to deleting notes, I may have junk MIDI data in a performance that I quickly want to remove.

8. Double time/half time. Sonar had some CAL scripts, and I believe one would do double or half time of MIDI data.

Anyway, just some random ideas about stuff I'm missing on the MIDI side of Studio One. A proper realtime MIDI input transformer would resolve some of these requests, but having a quick and dirty way to do these after the fact would be cool. Between a MIDI Logical Editor with some of these features and Event List, it would definitely help.

Happy New Year!

by Lawrence on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:06 pm
1. Note Velocity Compressor: Set Min and Max velocity without touching anything in between (you're close with the velocity randomizer functionality).

Good idea. I'll add that one, a filter that only affects velocities above or below the compression low range and high threshold. Thanks for the suggestion, I was generally out of ideas.

Some of the other stuff I'll think about for later versions.

Edit: Added. See the image two posts up. I'll share this later today.
by Funkybot on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:12 pm
Also how about:

9. Select by note duration.

10. Set duration.

by garryknight on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:43 pm
Funkybot wrote8. Double time/half time. Sonar had some CAL scripts, and I believe one would do double or half time of MIDI data.

Doable in Studio One already, if I understand you correctly. Create a MIDI event by drawing or recording some MIDI data. Make it about 4 bars so you can easily see the result.

Now hover your mouse over the right-hand end of the event, press Ctrl+Alt (Cmd+Option on a Mac, I believe) and drag the end to the right or the left; either left to the halfway point or right to the double point. You've not only got halving and doubling, but scaling according to your snap settings.

I'm pretty sure this worked back in 2.6 as well.

Garry Knight
Studio One 3 Professional
Melodyne Editor 4, NI Komplete 11
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 16 GB RAM, Core i5
Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Core i7, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
Nektar Impact LX49+, Samson Graphite 25, and Korg microKey 25 MIDI controllers
Novation ZeRO SL MkII mixing control surface
Korg nanoKontrol 2 mixing control surface
Reaper, Logic Pro X, GarageBand
https://soundcloud.com/garryknight
by Skaperverket on Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:56 pm
So glad some of you out there understand this. Wish an intuitive script editor was built-in natively from the start, but you guys' contributions are really helpful. Thank you!

Happy New Year!
by Jemusic on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:14 pm
Getting midi parts to play back at half or double tempo has always been there as a function. Right click a midi part and select Musical Functions/Stretch.

A window comes up that allows you to just this.

I highly recommend getting and watching the Groove 3 video on Recording and Editing Midi. It is quite revealing. Many of the functions that people think are not there are actually right there.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Bbd on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:38 pm
Lawrence wrote

Good idea. I'll add that one, a filter that only affects velocities above or below the compression low range and high threshold. Thanks for the suggestion, I was generally out of ideas.

Some of the other stuff I'll think about for later versions.

:thumbup:

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by fourways on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:07 am
Great find! Mouse pan feature and toggle second tool while mouse button pressed is HUGE time savers in my workflow.

MacMini M2 Pro, S1 Pro 6.5 + RME UFX w/ Adv. Remote
M2 Pro / 32Gb / 40" 5K2K LG Ultrawide
Focal SM9, Nord Lead 4, Prophet 6, Analog Keys, Boomstar 4075, Sub37
Expert Sleepers ES-3, ES-5, ESX-8MD
by Lawrence on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:05 am
by Bbd on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:12 pm
Your link to the file says the file is not there any more.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Bbd on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:22 am
Got it. Thanks much.

Will you provide the option to use keyboard input for assigning note values? I have an active keyboard input but have to type the note values in.

Bbd

by Lawrence on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:36 am
You're welcome. Thanks for the heads up about the broken link. Typically when I update files on DropBox the source link url stays the same but this time it changed, not sure why. Maybe that only works in public folders.

First rule of editing web pages: Always check your links. :(

As to the other thing, If you mean using a midi keyboard to set values I'm not sure if that's possible. The value fields have to be typed in or you can use the mousewheel like fields in S1 to scroll values.
by nixie on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:14 pm
Being a total coward, I duplicated the entire Studio One directory to test this on. Everything seems to work perfectly. I love the scroll and zoom. I hope they don't kill it in the next update. Kudos to Lawrence and the original developer for adding these tools. Somehow, Studio One feels much more complete now.

Windows 7
by ilmarihakkola on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:58 pm
Ah, finally the pan option with middle mouse! Coming from Cubase, i just could't get used to Studio One without this feature - now it feels like coming home. Excited to really give it a try!
by rickycooke on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:14 pm
This is incredible. I just put in a FR for middle mouse zooming similar to Bitwig's today. Thank you for bringing it to our attention Lawrence. :thumbup:

Mid 2012 Macbook Pro - OSX 10.11.6 - 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7
Studio One v3.5.6
Pro Tools 2018.4
UA Apollo Quad
Softube Console 1
Various Outboard Gear
by Skaperverket on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 pm
Just a quick heads up: Narech seems to have updated the scripts yesterday. http://studioonex.narechk.net/index_en.html

93 postsPage 2 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5