4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know how to setup tonespace with Studio one and midi keyboard i am having difficulty setting it up.
by Steve Carter on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:42 am
Hi.... Let me start by saying that I'm not familiar with the Tonescape plugin.

Took a quick look at the website (presumably this is the chord generator freeware) and it is a VST/AU plugin that can also be used in standalone mode as it has a built in sound generator.

So, questions;
Have you read the on-line installation and user guides?
Is your midi keyboard set up in S1 and generating midi output recognised by S1?
What are you attempting to achieve? Rehearsal/educational functions or recording the output to a S1 track?
Are you using the mouse in conjunction with the midi keyboard or just the midi keyboard to generate chord patterns?
Does the mouse work to generate chord patterns from the matrix or the keyboard layout in the GUI?
Are you happy with the built-in sound or are you wanting to utilse 'Presence' for instance?

My initial thoughts are that you will need to ensure that you are pointing the inputs and outputs to the right place and that you have assigned the tracks to respond accordingly. Try the Inspector pane to check this information and also check the top right corner of the plugin GUI where there is a small drop down menu to assign the input device.

As always, the more information you can supply, the more likely you are to receive help on the forum. Please include your system/equipment spec's.

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One Pro, Melodyne Editor 4, Vocalign Project, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope N2-O8 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by niles on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:59 am
Since Studio One 3.3 there are several routing scenarios (Yay!!) depending on how you want to use a VST with MIDI output (e.g. Tonespace). In all cases you need to set midi out in Tonespace to VST/Host, else MIDI data from Tonespace won't be send to Studio One.

Some scenarios that are possible:

A
Route an external device (MPK49 in the preview) output directly to VST X (Tonespace in the preview) and route the output directly to VST Y (Mai Tai) as direct input.
This way MIDI data generated by VST X is directly send to VST Y, since there are no Instrument tracks involved you can't record.

B
Route the output of Instrument track X to VST X and route the output of VST X directly to VST Y as direct input.
This way MIDI data generated by VST X is directly send to VST Y. MIDI input data to trigger VST X can be recorded on Instrument Track X.

C
Route an external device directly to VST X and route the output of VST X to the input of Instrument Track X.
This way MIDI data generated by VST X is directly send to an Instrument track and can be recorded there. The output of Instrument track X can be routed to another VST.

D
You can route the output of Instrument track X to VST X and route the output of VST X to the input of Instrument Track Y.
This way MIDI data generated by VST X triggerd by Intrument X is send to an armed Instrument track Y and can be recorded there. The output of Instrument track Y can be routed to another VST.

OS: Windows 7 Pro x64 | HW: P9X79 • i7 3930K • 16GB • HD6450 (WQHD) • RME AIO
by WaterlooSunset on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:32 am
I actually used Tonespace a bit, not in 3.3.1. Mine worked when everything is lined up MIDI wise.
In Tonespace, check all the MIDI settings. I just set up a new track with tonespace. A few clicks to align the MIDI in, the trigger in TS and it worked. Are you trying to use the built in synth in TS or do a midi out from it

Win 8.1, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 480Gb SSD, 2x1TB WD Blacks. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 4.1.1
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, BFD Eco GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A

4 posts
Page 1 of 1