3 posts
Page 1 of 1
anthonyparkison wroteThe only Notion articulation I see will be missed is ghost note.

In the Notion Ruleset Editor Window about halfway down the dropdown list that is named "Conditions" you will find
    "Is Ghost"
Theoretically "Is Ghost" is not a "Condition" like
    <if condition = "under-slur"/>
_or an "Articulation" like
    <if articulation = "accent"/>
not a technique either_
    <if technique = "side" />
So the terminology used can be misleading.

Anyway, here is an example snippet that could be added to an existing Custom Ruleset.

<!--ghost note negative velocity bump ** -->
    <rule>
    <if ghost=true />
    <velocity-change bump="-80" />
    </rule>
Note! velocity-change can be replaced with whatever works for your needs.
(key-switch, channel-change, duration-change, dynamic-change, MIDI cc control change etc.etc.etc...)
Lots of possibilities.
=========================================================

In the Notion 5 Ruleset Editor window it can be added like in the example image below.
Ghost note in rule editor.PNG

good luck!

,Johnny

Ps. Nice to hear you went with the FXpansion product. I'm jealous.
I jumped on Addictive Drums when they were on sale years ago. I really like them; however, there lack of or limited use of multi-layered velocity triggered multi-samples makes them seem sonically limited. Thin compared to other larger sound sample libraries.
The much, much larger data storage requirement of the FXpansion BFD library obviously explains the higher level of sonic realism.

Here is the ultimate IMO.
http://www.mixosaurus.com/
When this was on sale I thought about it hard.

Listen to the demo audio tracks. They're awesome.
http://www.mixosaurus.com/demo_navibar1.htm#
Check out the sound demo link.
    "THIS CAN'T
    BE DONE BY
    SOFTWARE !"
Also! The_ "FOOT PRESSURE" sound demo is nothing less then amazing.

The cymbal sample layering and triggering technology used by Mixosaurus creates realism that is second to none.

:arrow:
by anthonyparkison on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:20 pm
Thanks for the reply Johnny. I'm looking forward to getting out of work so I can give this a try. I'm sure I'll have questions; I doubt I'll get it the first time through. But this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again!

Dell Inspiron 3880, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz, 256 gb Solid State HD, 1TB 7200 rpm HD, Windows 10 Home (64Bit), Studio One Professional 5.4.0, Notion 6, Presonus Eris E8 Studio Monitors, Presonus Temblor T10 Studio Subwoofer, Presonus Monitor Station V2, Nectar Impact LX 88+, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Roland FP-30x
by anthonyparkison on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:05 pm
The people at Notion are great....

....but the guys on the forum are awesome!!!! :D

Johnny, thank you so much! I sat down, opened the editor, followed your instructions and had ghost notes in under 5 minutes. I can't believe how easy it was. I doubt I'll ever be able to repay it but I owe you one man.

Dell Inspiron 3880, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz, 256 gb Solid State HD, 1TB 7200 rpm HD, Windows 10 Home (64Bit), Studio One Professional 5.4.0, Notion 6, Presonus Eris E8 Studio Monitors, Presonus Temblor T10 Studio Subwoofer, Presonus Monitor Station V2, Nectar Impact LX 88+, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Roland FP-30x

3 posts
Page 1 of 1