Discuss Live Sound Situations here. Product Specific questions or posts may be moved to product centric subforums.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Its nice on outdoor venues to step out of the mix booth or tent with an iPad from time-to-time. One problem: With the dark color palette of UC Surface, one cannot see the screen in the daylight. I can invert the colors on the iPad, but then everything looks funky. And UC surface has really weird colors, with the iPad colors inverted. Suggest a gray scale or inverted (dark on light) gray scale settings option.
by Danalee on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:03 am
Daytime gigs can really be a pain. A bigass monitor helps, direct sunlight is the devil. Working under a tent helps, also build a shroud around whatever you are viewing to get rid of some of the light.

THE MUSIC ROOM
Record - Mix - Master
Audio Production

PRESONUS
Studio One 3, Fader Port, 16.4.2, 24.4.2, RM32
Eris 5 & Sceptre 6 Monitors
Windows 7 Pro, I7 quad core, 16 gigs ram

(http://www.customwiring.net/themusicroom)
by Danalee on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:01 am
Just a quick update on this. Out of curiousity I hooked an external LCD monitor to my laptop via Hdmi cable, and the picture quality is great. Sun doesnt affect it much. Works really well on outdoor shows :-)

THE MUSIC ROOM
Record - Mix - Master
Audio Production

PRESONUS
Studio One 3, Fader Port, 16.4.2, 24.4.2, RM32
Eris 5 & Sceptre 6 Monitors
Windows 7 Pro, I7 quad core, 16 gigs ram

(http://www.customwiring.net/themusicroom)
by seanmcdaniel on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:05 pm
you can also use an iPad and invert the colors. I do that in bright sunlight
by bubbaguth on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:55 pm
Feature exists in UC Surface 2.0. Hold on!

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by johne149 on Fri May 17, 2019 5:25 am
Guys I have a Dji crystal sky and I have no problem seeing in direct sunlight it is as clear as Nite or day it was design for Drone apps they released a firmware update to let you use 3rd party plugins check those out there are all kinds of YouTube videos on the crystal sky

6 posts
Page 1 of 1