StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
18 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello. I have a problem in aux 1 im my presonus 16.4.2 i am from Portugal and i need the service manual tu repair the mixer.
how i find the manual ?

help please..
by mwright137 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:49 am
That's not something that the users of the forums can provide you with. You would need to contact PreSonus directly to see if they would send you the service manual.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by STRANHO on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 am
how ?? can you do it for me please ?
by fredy2 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 am
Contacting Presonus will do no good as they will not release service information. If one of the AUX will not input, the LIKELY cause, assuming you haven't burn out an input by an "accident" is failure of the input capacitor to that channel of the A-D card. Unfortunately the AUX inputs don't have insert jacks that we can do testing from the outside of the mixer like the channel inputs.

There are a whole row of 100 mfd at 6.3 volt electrolytic caps at the input of the A-D board... one per every input channel. They are well organiuzed and it is easy to work without manual because of the layout. From the preamp board and connector board two ribbon cables go to the A-D board. It is a bit tricky, but opening the mixer on its side as a clam shell you can use an oscilloscope to trace the signals into the A-D board. When those caps fail, you will find about 5 to 10 volts peak on one side and almost nothing on the other side of the cap assuming you are driving line-level signal into the subject channel.

Sorry to say, but if one cap has gone, you may as well replace the lot as they fail one after another. You do need skill at electronics and also surface mounted components as well as an oscilloscope. There are YouTube videos on how to replace surface mounted electrolytics.
by STRANHO on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:19 am
This manual must be worth a fortune.
Neither the representative nor Presonus closer to me spain, not sent me and never still have provided the manual.

I dont Understand.
by mwright137 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:21 am
I don't think companies are generally in the practice of giving out service manuals. I don't know where you got that idea from.

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by STRANHO on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 am
if it is true what they say, who provides the service manual?

Presonus?

Representatives?

Who?
by roblof on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:28 am
Most companies only give out service manuals to certified service centers. At the same time they also provide them with service bulletines.

I've seen with google that there are some manual providers that sell service manuals.

Usually they are made available one year after the initial release.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by STRANHO on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:04 am
hello ..

if what you say was true it is wrong because if the warranty is off i will have the right to repair the equipment with my responsibility where i want and not in agents of the presonus technical.

they must send manual service with the others manuals of presonus and this is the correct.

Any Suggestion ?

I keep on the problem.
by mwright137 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 pm
They do not have to provide service manuals to customers. That's why it's called a service manual and not a customer manual.

My Website
by bitonwalstra on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:41 am
i know plenty of gear what includes service manuals with their products. i only have to look at Icom. but he Icom is in the market for 50 years...

Micro PA;
Apple; MacBook Pro 13", Mid 2010, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb SSD, OS X latest version
Apple; iPad 3, 16Gb, iOS latest version
Asus; S300C Notebook PC, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, Windows 8.1
Studio One; v2, Artist
StudioLive; 16.4.2 (sold)
StudioLive; RM16Ai (returned)
Behringer; X32 Producer (sold)
Behringer; XR18 (ordered)
Electro Voice; ZXA1
Heil Sound; PR22, Handi Mic
Lag; 1984 RockLine Bass
by SwitchBack on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:06 am
Also depends on a manufacturer's service philosophy. PreSonus prefers to do the repairs themselves, at a reasonable bench fee (in the US I should add), with the benefit of known service quality and failure logging. Others adhere to the "sort it out yourself and here's the service manual" philosophy, which is also a fair mechanism.

So maybe, depending on where people live, PreSonus can be more open to philosophy #2 where they can't guarantee the repair quality and bench fees that go with philosophy #1
by STRANHO on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:41 am
MRIGHT.....What you just said does not mean anything, I sent for the Spain representative will request the service manual, and they did not answer me.

Did again sending new email and am still waiting the answer

the presons still viarar his back to the customer.

I think logical in Portugal now have 6000km to go to the dealer for repair sapin me the mixer?

think logical send the mixer in the mail? gets more expensive transportation that repair.

Talk is easy, I do not need this kind of comments but the help of colleagues.
yes this is what I need.

I am Portuguese and I have difficulty in writing English.
by ForumAdmin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:36 pm
Hi,
To answer your question directly.
We do not send out service manuals.

PreSonus support is provided first through the store in your country. You should first talk to them before contacting the distributor. The distributor is our equivalent in your country. If your local store cannot assist, then contact the distributor.

If they determine a repair is needed, you can send your mixer to them for repair.

The service group for Spain is:

Adagio
Av la Ferreria 3 y 5
08110 Montcada I Reixac
Barcelona, Spain
Tel: +34 935646012

To find a regional representative in your area to contact for support, please see this link:
http://grupoadagio.es/comerciales/

Also for future reference (and for anyone else reading this), if you require a more immediate answer from PreSonus, please submit a support ticket through your account at http://my.presonus.com. The forum is the community area and getting a company response may take a few days until someone notices your post asking for company response.

Regards.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by STRANHO on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 am
My dear friend AlexTinsley apparently you can not read ...
All that just to tell me I get it. the problem is that Spain does not reply to my emails ...

Whatever I do?

however I will send an email to each of them to see if the technicians who introduced me to this site reply me

http://grupoadagio.es/comerciales/

One more thing, I'm not going to send the mixer to spain how to calculate, I'm in Portugal and is very expensive to send by transport.

Understand that?

Thank you.
by ForumAdmin on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:54 pm
Hi,

Yes, Adagio is the same service center for Portugal.

You can see the full list of distributors for your area here: http://www.presonus.com/buy/international_distributors

I will reach out to Adagio for you and have them contact you directly.

Regards.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by brianforest on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:42 pm
I have been reading the presonus forum a bit and i have opened up a ticket
But as you say im outside the US, So i contacted my Regional Distributor here in canada

Now my question is do we have the same service as would an Customer from the United-States?

Ex : Flat rate Bench fee?
and is there a warenty with the servicing done after?

sorry if i hijacked this thread but i have been trying to find information everywhere online for the past days...
by nielswoisin on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:05 pm
Companies who employ external service centers not under their control do supply service manuals - to those shops, but not necessarily to anyone else.

I don't know how Presonus has this structured, but I generally prefer to buy equipment from companies, that don't try to force everything through their own service center - especially when they only have a service center in/on a single country/continent.

Expecting European and Asian customers to have to ship their mixers half way around the world, would be reason enough for me to go buy something else, cause it'll just about triple the down time you end up having. And especially with a mixer, what ARE you going to do in your studio, while your mixer is playing "In 80 DAYS AROUND THE WORLD"...?

This would mean, if you own a Presonus mixer, you'd need to have a Soundcraft backup unit on hand at all times...

I'm not claiming to know how Presonus does this. I'm merely mentioning the ramifications "If" it was like you surmise...

It is true, that some companies are conniving about it... try to get a Hilti service manual - very difficult. And in Hilti's case, the aim is trying to suck as much money out of service as possible, as proven by specific moves to make it impossible for independent repair shops to actually do any work on their tools. The argument is usually: "better, more reliable and knowledgeable service, but the reality can end up with extremely high prices to get anything fixed, as competition is eliminated.

After some digging, it appears that Presonus had and maybe still has a
flat rate bench fee of $175 for the StudioLive 16.4.2.

Knowing audio electronics repair bills, that seems fair, and eliminates any bank-breaking surprises.
I'm assuming they don't bother with board level repairs, but just swap out entire boards or groups.

18 posts
Page 1 of 1