StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
15 posts
Page 1 of 1
I hope i can redeem my name and presonus' after this.
I had a rough time convincing leaders at church to go digital but they finally agreed after 3 yrs. And now the 2442 lasted 2 yrs. Im very upset. Anyway, things happen.

No power. Really dead.
by mwright137 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:09 pm
Have you submitted a support request? If so, PM me the ticket number and I'll look into it.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by kibo on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:11 am
Im in toronto canada.
by tajmihelich007 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:10 pm
Man. I have had nothing but problems with my 2442 also. Mine is still going though. Some days I wish it would die so I could buy another console from another manufacturer. Presonus has been great at customer service even with my bad product. Does your console get to the Presonus splash screen on the LCD? When you say no power, you mean not even a light at all?
by GLJones on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:47 pm
Obvious stuff first...

Have you checked the fuse on the back near the power switch? This is the only thing, other than a dead mixer, that is user fixable if the mixer is not powering up.

Jerry Jones

PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2
PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2
StudioOne V3
Mac Mini
MacBook Pro (2)
iPad
iPad Mini
by gadget69 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:13 pm
The failure rate of ANY manufacturers products are available to see, and Presonus, is well within the industry norm. Presonus doesn't build the components it uses, and those fail...Can you purchase better components? Maybe... but those fail too...I have 2 16.4.2's and an Ai24.4.2 and NONE have ever left me DOA for a show or failed during the show so I couldn't finish...

With over 1/2 million mixers in the SL format if there were an inordinate number of failures, there would be NOTING but post after post of angry users, and yet there are only a few... in the grand scheme of things...

The industry standard is 5% or under...and if your mixer is one of those, I am sorry... but it would be a WHOLE lot worse if you had paid $50,000 (or even $500,000) for a mixer that failed...and it happens EVERY day...on every level of production...

Start a Tech Service ticket if the fuse isn't blown, that can happen with a voltage spike...

regards

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by kibo on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:51 pm
tajmihelich007 wroteMan. I have had nothing but problems with my 2442 also. Mine is still going though. Some days I wish it would die so I could buy another console from another manufacturer. Presonus has been great at customer service even with my bad product. Does your console get to the Presonus splash screen on the LCD? When you say no power, you mean not even a light at all?

sorry for late reply. it is really dead. no power. i sent it to a service center here in toronto that is repairing stuff for the distributor Erikson Audio in Quebec.
by kibo on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:53 pm
GLJones wroteObvious stuff first...

Have you checked the fuse on the back near the power switch? This is the only thing, other than a dead mixer, that is user fixable if the mixer is not powering up.

i checked it with a tester and the fuse is not blown. I just hope its a resistor or some parts of the power supply.
by kibo on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:04 pm
gadget69 wroteThe failure rate of ANY manufacturers products are available to see, and Presonus, is well within the industry norm. Presonus doesn't build the components it uses, and those fail...Can you purchase better components? Maybe... but those fail too...I have 2 16.4.2's and an Ai24.4.2 and NONE have ever left me DOA for a show or failed during the show so I couldn't finish...

With over 1/2 million mixers in the SL format if there were an inordinate number of failures, there would be NOTING but post after post of angry users, and yet there are only a few... in the grand scheme of things...

The industry standard is 5% or under...and if your mixer is one of those, I am sorry... but it would be a WHOLE lot worse if you had paid $50,000 (or even $500,000) for a mixer that failed...and it happens EVERY day...on every level of production...

Start a Tech Service ticket if the fuse isn't blown, that can happen with a voltage spike...

regards

I had a 1642 that i sold to a church and it is still working good. when we bought the 2442 i was with a friend from another church who bought one too. so far it is still working.

i was just really waiting for it to happen. i wasnt expecting it will happen that soon though.

im hoping its not that serious that we will have to buy another one. i sent it last thursday and let us see soon whats wrong with it. probably this coming week.

if it is really the power supply, i just wish they make a power supply just like in the past. We are using our old Allen and Heath Mixwizard 16 channel now and it never had a repair eversince.

thats what makes it hard for me to explain to some leaders at church that doesnt understand. they will simply compare why the old one last for a decades and the new one not.

im happy with our use of our studiolive i just wish it wouldnt die again.

thanks a lot for the advice guys. i will keep you guys posted to whats wrong with it as soon as i have it back.
by fredy2 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:09 pm
If the thing is totally dead, first thing to check is the inrush limiting thermistor on the power supply board. I found mine was cracked... It is labeled something like RT1 and very near where the line power comes into the power supply board. If bad, search my posts for a part number of a readily available replacement.
by kibo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 pm
hi guys,

sorry for late update. i got the mixer from repair a week after. This is what they said was wrong:

410-PG1PWR POWER SUPPLY PC BR $178.41
OAVSMUR260G PWR DIODE $ 3.85
OAVSCL130 THERMISTER $7.10
LABOR $195

We paid $455. i dont know if they really replaced the board. the distributor here in toronto was the one who gave us the service center.
by kibo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:27 pm
fredy2 wroteIf the thing is totally dead, first thing to check is the inrush limiting thermistor on the power supply board. I found mine was cracked... It is labeled something like RT1 and very near where the line power comes into the power supply board. If bad, search my posts for a part number of a readily available replacement.

if this werent from the church i will open this one. thanks.
by markusgalla on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:00 am
$455 for the repair of the build in power supply? That's pretty much. Unbelievable.
by mwright137 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:48 pm
markusgalla wrote$455 for the repair of the build in power supply? That's pretty much. Unbelievable.

If you're in another country, you don't get the same repair service as in the US. You're pretty much at the mercy of the repair shop.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by ammgusa on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:49 pm
Same happened to me. I always use a surge protector. I am awaiting for the repairs to be completed and sent back to me.

So its status is: SERVICE REPLACED:
-410.PG2.PWR
-All Faders
Factory Reset

I found this part online
https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/501456 ... olive-1642

I think I read using the BNC light creates a surge sometimes. Have anyone heard the same?

15 posts
Page 1 of 1