3 posts
Page 1 of 1
So wanted to get folks feedback on this. I am a drummer in a church praise band. I have a Firestudio Project that I have in my "arsenal". I have begun using Ableton Live for running click track for the band. The worship director and I have discussed utilizing stems. But I have been searching hi and low for possible setups. Needing technical help on possibilities. The FS Project has 1/4 inch outputs, but that would likely mean that I would need direct boxes for each output if I want to connect to our sound system. I was curious if there was another interface that could be connects to the FS Project with all XLR outputs?

Just wondering.

Specs
- 2 Firestudio Project Interfaces. Interconnect via Firewire 400 cable
- Dell XPS 15 9500,16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Two USB-C Thunderbolt ports, One USB-C port
- Apple Firewire to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
- Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 USB-C adapter
- WIndows 10, Version 20H2
by cristofe on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:33 am
The FS Project has 1/4 inch outputs, but that would likely mean that I would need direct boxes for each output if I want to connect to our sound system.

Does your FOH mixer not have 1/4" line inputs?

I was curious if there was another interface that could be connects to the FS Project with all XLR outputs?

AFAIK......there is no such animal. There is the HP60 but it's outs are 1/4" stereo....perhaps with the proper adapters this unit might serve your purpose.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by rh10023 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:15 pm
Unfortunately, the snake does not have 1/4 inputs only XLR.

Thanks for the feedback.

Specs
- 2 Firestudio Project Interfaces. Interconnect via Firewire 400 cable
- Dell XPS 15 9500,16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Two USB-C Thunderbolt ports, One USB-C port
- Apple Firewire to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
- Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 USB-C adapter
- WIndows 10, Version 20H2

3 posts
Page 1 of 1