8 posts
Page 1 of 1
I use Notion 5 in rewire mode from Studio 1 when composing for video. I like the combination of DAW and Notator and the video support in Notion 5 seems to be better than that provided in S1.

It would be nice to be able to route the audio from the video to the Notion mixer back to S1 via a rewire output. At the moment it appears to go directly to the ASIO driver bypassing the mixer entirely.

This feature would allow recording/extraction of the existing audio track on a video - often I need to work against a temp track or at least a video with some sound already present and having that as an audio track in S1 would be handy. Often it is easier to setup hitpoints against existing audio by looking at the waveform of a printed audio track. And being able to mute/solo/balance rather than just the existing video volume level (tucked away on a dialog) would be helpful to.

I realise that there are tools out there which will allow the extract of audio but it seems logical that the video audio would just be another channel in the mixer to me!

Cheers,
Jason.

Studio One 6 (Windows 11 22H2) | Dorico 5/ Notion 6| Focusrite 18i20 | Korg D1 | Hammond SK1 | Korg Prologue 8 | Sledge 2.0 | Maschine MK3 | Faderport 8 | X-Touch One|Self-designed Hardware Synths

https://www.yizakat.com

Friend of Bill

by Bbd on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:31 pm
+1

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by wcreed on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:48 pm
I've only just played around with Video in N5, so maybe I'm missing something, but how do you recombine the music composed in Notion with the video?

Bill Reed
Notion 6, Dorico, StaffPad, Overture , Studio One, Cubase
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM; iPad2; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Forster 190
by johnny21 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:25 pm
Video compositing software is needed to "render" the new audio into a new video file.
I use Sony Vegas Video, Adobe After Affects, Flash and Director.

,Johnny

Ps. A SMPTE plugin would be welcome. MTC!

:arrow:
by johnny21 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:39 am
jwilden wrote At the moment it appears to go directly to the ASIO driver bypassing the mixer entirely.

Better access to the volume of "Attached Video" on the video viewing pane and audio mixer would be even better IMO.

,Johnny

Last edited by johnny21 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Bbd on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:53 pm
I can adjust the video sound volume using
Score/Video Setup/Movie Volume.

We still need the video's audio track on the mixer so that it can be mixed, or output to S1 on its own track.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by johnny21 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:06 pm
Bbd wroteI can adjust the video sound volume using

Thank you, I see that now. I should have double checked. My bad! :oops:

,Johnny

P.s File>Preferences...>General>Keep video on top: doesn't work on Windows 7/64.
Can't get "Video Viewing Pane" to stay on top the same as the mixer always bring on top.

by Bbd on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:15 pm
johnny21 wrote
Bbd wroteI can adjust the video sound volume using

Thank you, I see that now. I should have double checked. My bad! :oops:

,Johnny

P.s File>Preferences...>General>Keep video on top: doesn't work on Windows 7/64.
Can't get "Video Viewing Pane" to stay on top the same as the mixer always bring on top.

Same here. It needs to stay up front especially if you only use one monitor like me!

Bbd

8 posts
Page 1 of 1