StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
42 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
Just saw my board shipped yesterday :+1

Replaced DSP BOARD. Hopefully this one has a few good years in it.

I also received my new- refurbished unit as well and have had it on the bench playing music for two days solid with no issues, so I think it's ready for service!

Perhaps later, I can trade them all in for a RM. But I still don't trust that wireless stuff in the DC aria. :P
by jasonalford on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:51 pm
My buddy just got a used 16.4.2, and it hasnt worked right since we first hooked it up. I had the levels cranked on everything, should have been blowing the glass out the place, but output was very low, amps were hardly getting any signal. Will DSP board failure also cause this? The board still functions and doesnt freeze, just minimal output. And yes i know how to use the board and am aware of the output knobs on the output jack. Thanks.
by mwright137 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 pm
Did you zero out the board to make sure there's no limiter kicking in?

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by jasonalford on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:26 pm
i did not. whats the best way to do so? factory reset?
by mwright137 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:49 pm
I usually load the "Zero Out Board Reset" scene.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Tangledown on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:30 pm
Mine had to go back, luckily within the first year, so it was fixed under warranty.
by markstar on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:33 am
This is a heat problem I have had mine 6 years and no issue besides replacing the faders last month
Mine is in a road case but I always lift up the back of the mixer so air can circulate under Neath
The power supply is mounted on the bottom of the mixer and these desks get very hot underneath a design flaw I reckon
I think a little desk fan blowing into a vent would be a help
Heat kills electronics
by TobyC on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 pm
I had two DSP boards fail on my 16.4.2 but still upgraded to a 16.4.2 AI which has worked without a problem since.

Unlike the 16.4.2 there are cooling fans in the 16.4.2AI blowing air across the PSU. I ended up disconnecting the one on the left of the board to reduce noise in the studio but have still had no problems.

by paulkneipp on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:30 am
Yes it did. I reached out to Presonus, because I'm in Australia. I'm happy to say that they fixed everything. I am very grateful for their support. So far, so good.
by livedb on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:03 pm
Well i am back..... Same board did the same this after just being repaired in May.

it's just sad they cant fix them so they last. :thumbdown:
by summitcn on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:53 am
Are you using a UPS with your mixer?
by gustavoguimaraes on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:15 pm
Same problem here, with new generation 16.4.2. Bought on March 2015, problem in april 2016 (yeah, just a month past the warranty). No answers from presonus about this problem that we can see its a serial issue with the DSP. I live in Brazil, hot country, but the console was used just indoors with AC all the time. Looks like they build this board in Canada just to use in canada temperatures.
Im so sad with presonus, i love my board but i wont keep it after all these issues and hundreds of costumers complaining about the same issue without any explanation form presonus.
by Tangledown on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:52 pm
Mine has just died again.
£632.00 to fix it.
I've asked what the cost would be if they just sent it back to me unfixed and was told around £100 (£84 for an hours work to identify the problem and the rest on p&p)
If I just leave the desk with them, they will waiver any costs.
As I won't ever trust the desk again, even if it gets fixed, I'm thinking of just leaving it with them and forgetting I ever owned it.
What a complete waste of money my 16 4 2 has been!!
In the four years I've owned it, I've done about 20 gigs with it and it let me down on half of them.
by roblof on Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:04 pm
Desolder the flash memory from the dsp card and make a copy of its contents when it is in a working condition.

When the console dies replace the flash memory with a new one where you have programmed it with your backup image.

Rince and repeat every couple of years...

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by Tangledown on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:44 pm
Great advice, but you may as we'll be speaking double Dutch.
I've had a look inside these units and its awash with electronic magic that I don't really understand.
If I did manage to do this, where could I buy the spare parts from?
I may as well have a go as I've nothing to lose?
by Skip Jones on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:28 pm
;)

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by roblof on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:40 pm
Tangledown wroteGreat advice, but you may as we'll be speaking double Dutch.
I've had a look inside these units and its awash with electronic magic that I don't really understand.
If I did manage to do this, where could I buy the spare parts from?
I may as well have a go as I've nothing to lose?

The problem is that you need two things.

1) A flash memory from a working mixer that is not yet corrupt. This because you need to extract valid data.

2) A flash programming device. This is a little more difficult to find. But when you do then you can copy the data to some extra spare flash memories as spares

Getting access to the dsp card where the flash memory is soldered is a slight hassle involving a lot of screws and cursing. You need to master the skill of de-soldering/soldering surface mount components. On the bright side you only need to replace the flash memory every 3yrs or so depending on how much you use the mixer.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by joeldeutsch on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 pm
hi guys my name is joe
i have my 1642 in its keeps loosing signal
from un control in my mixer is freezing for a few minutes
even a hour
i went to know what can be the the problem/
by jeremythornton on Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:34 pm
I realize that this post is several years later but I"m having a similar problem and I also think it's heat related. The thing is, mine appears to be more complicated. I have 2 computers connected to it but only one is using the Firewire port. The other, my online computer just uses the tape in for audio. I have a switch that changes things so that I can use the mouse, keyboard and monitor for both computers.About 7 or so months ago the first problem started. I'd be recording using my music computer and when I switched to my Online computer, all audio would stop and even if I switched back, still no sound from my powered studio monitors.
Then I found out that if I powered down my mixer and turned it back on about 10 seconds later, the display on the mixer wouldn't come up and no audio anywhere. It sucks because I'm used to it and really don't want to have to get another mixer, knowing as well that this one is more of a boat anchor than anything.
Any ideas would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Jeremy Thornton AKA Jeremykeys
by SwitchBack on Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:49 pm
I remember those RCA inputs as being very sensitive to ground noise or ESD or a combination of both. Anyway, try a ground loop isolator between the second computer and the tape inputs. Example:

42 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3