9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I build a new PC and now having problems to get firestudio project working (worked flawlessly on my previous machine).
Now: Solid red Sync-LED, Universal control (1.72) shows Driver Version 0.0.0.0 - 5486

Here are some facts:
Mainboard: Supermicro C7X99, Socet 2011-3
CPU/RAM: i7-5820K / 16GB DDR4
Firewire Card: Dawicontrol DC-1394 PCIe in PCIe X1 Slot
Win7 Pro 64bit

OHCI Info says: Compatible, no known issues.
FW-Card ist shown as working in device manager.

I tryed reinstalling Universal Control, Changing FW driver to legacy, placing PCIe Card in a different Slot. All stays the same :-(

Has anyone an idea what else to try or what could cause the problem? Compatibility Problems with LGA 2011-3 platform???

I would be very thankful for every hint.

Cheers
Bernd

Core 2 Quad 4x3GHz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 7 64bit
StudioOne 2.6.5, Firestudio Project, Neumann KH120, und einen Haufen anderes Equipment :-)
by artemglazunov on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:39 am
Same problem with my lifebook a530 on expresscard 54 fire wire (win 7 64bit)
Before update everything worked fine.....
by klypeman on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:47 am
Have you tried to shift your Clock source from Master to SPdif and back again in the UC that worked for me at one point. Not sure it will help you with no blue and red flashing on the LED. Also try a different cable if not working ?

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by BerndH on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:41 am
For my firestudio project not beeing recogniced at all I can not switch clock source. The clock source field is empty :(

Bernd

Core 2 Quad 4x3GHz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 7 64bit
StudioOne 2.6.5, Firestudio Project, Neumann KH120, und einen Haufen anderes Equipment :-)
by leafygreentree on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:18 pm
Same issues but with Latest iMac and latest OS. In talked with support telling me to uninstall a bunch of stuff manually. Did that and re-installed new drivers. Not seeing the hardware though. :-(
by decariusspells on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:38 pm
I've got the SAME issue. No version number. Red light on piece. MacBook Pro with El Cap.
by vaikl on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:10 pm
OSX users: Did you install the latest driver version (1.7.3)?

http://www.presonus.com/support/downloa ... io-Project
by a0s on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:26 pm
I'm experiencing the same issue. The FSP worked on my old MacBook, but will not connect on my new windows 10 build. The first firewire card I tried was an Iocrest SI-PEX30017. I had suspicions that it was not the right card, so I picked up a Siig NN-E20012-S2. The first card showed in the device manager as present, but the FSP would not sync, and would go from red to blue to red when powered on, with UC version reading all zeroes. The Siig does all the same, except that now when the FSP is powered on, it also shows in the device manager, but has a yellow exclamation mark on it. Tried a, "update driver" on it via the device manager with no change.

Also trying to find the solution for the serial port drivers. Mobo chipset driver update had no effect on this.

Support ticket tech sent me links to the next steps to try.

I've uninstalled Universal Control, the current version, and all files as directed by Presonus, here:

http://support.presonus.com/entries/113 ... t-Windows-,

Reinstalling them and rebooting had zero effect.
FP still won't connect.

Then tried changing the IEEE 1394 drivers to the legacy drivers, as directed by Presonus, here:

http://answers.presonus.com/488/switchi ... -windows-7

Being that Windows 10 does not include those Legacy drivers, I had to download them from Microsoft from here;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970191

Nothing. FP still won't connect.

I'll give the Older version of Universal Control a shot tonight, but I have to say, this is really souring me towards this hardware. Why, in 2016, is this stuff so damn hard to get woking? I build custom game rigs, and it's been a LONG time, I'm talking XP/dos days, since I've had to work so hard to get something to just work.

Seriously frustrated with this thing.

Rant aside, I appreciate the assistance here. I'll follow up with results this eve.

HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF
Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
8GB Ram
ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
OCZ 500GB SSD
SIIG FireWire 2-Port PCIe (NN-E20012-S2)
Windows 10 Pro
by a0s on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:14 pm
Ok, so I got it going.

For Windows 10, version 10.0.10586 Build 10586, I uninstalled Universal Control 1.7.4 and Studio One v3, restarting after each uninstall, as well as everything in the presonus folder in the %appdata% folder after Universal Control and Studio One had been removed.

See links in my previous comment for removal instructions if needed.

I installed Universal control 1.7.2 Legacy, and rebooted. Before installing Studio one, I turned on the Fire Studio Project. It immediately turned on blue, but began blinking in a series of red/blue, six times, with a brief pause, then restarting the series again. Presunus support had suggested I try the legacy IEEE 1394 drivers, which is what was installed at this point.

Powering down the FSP, and going to the device manager, I installed the Texas Instruments IEEE 1394 drivers that came with the card. and powered the FSP back on.

That did it.

Installed Studio One and all is golden

It's up.

S, For this build of windows 10, at least, Universal Control 1.7.2 Legacy drivers and the Stock firewire card drivers are what work. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Best,
A

HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF
Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
8GB Ram
ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
OCZ 500GB SSD
SIIG FireWire 2-Port PCIe (NN-E20012-S2)
Windows 10 Pro

9 posts
Page 1 of 1