12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've just reassembled my studio after a move and a long break. And I've upgraded my Cubase version to Pro 8.

Now, when I arm a channel to record and set the Volume for that channel to Write, as soon as I touch the fader, a completely different channel becomes armed and starts recording data ... in the process dropping the intended channel out of record.

Any clues?
by ForumAdmin on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:13 pm
Yes, the reason for the change in functionality is Steinberg has changed the API for how 3rd party controllers previously developed to work with older versions of Cubase now behave.

Native mode for Cubase 8 is not supported with FaderPort at the present time for Mac or Windows.

For the time being we suggest you set the FaderPort up as a HUI device. You can refer to page 10 in the user manual on how to do this.

We are working with Steinberg to work out what those changes are to resolve the incompatibility.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by mariomantero on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:20 am
We are working with Steinberg to work out what those changes are to resolve the incompatibility.

Any news? I had the same issue.

When a new software driver for Cubase 8 is released?

Thank you.
by jrpershall on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:51 pm
I'm experiencing the same issue. Moved to new mac and Cubase 8 pro, now i'm dead in the water...

I called tech support for assistance with this issue; waited over 2 hours for someone to answer and had to hang up. Very frustrating.

Any updates?!?!
by yvesholenstein on Sun May 17, 2015 3:43 pm
Same for me here, too. Bought the FaderPort last week and VERY FRUSTRATED to find it does only work in the crippled HUI mode.

I will also submit a support request, but if Presonus cannot give me an indication about when this will work again, I will return the device to the dealer...
by klypeman on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:08 am
Still No Answers ?? :(

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by TMurphy on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:38 pm
PreSonus... will the faderPort now work with Cubase's newly released ver 8.5 on a Mac?
by trtzbass on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:19 pm
So are you going to do something about the WIN 64 bit drivers for Cubase 8.5?
The Faderport box says it works with Cubase and it's so crippled it's almost unusable.
Please help with that. thanks
by trtzbass on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:39 pm

as you can see the box says it works with Cubase. On both sides of the box. No version specified. One would think it wouldn't be an issue. I buy it I expect it to work with my Cubase.
Newsflash: it doesn't
Fix the thing or change the box.
Do you realize how disrespectful it is for a customer to buy a piece of hardware only to see it doesn't work AS SPECIFIED ON THE BOX?
And don't come tell me I should ask Steinberg because they changed something in the architecture of Cubase, because that's not my job.
I bought a product on the basis of what the box says. I'd rather spend my time doing my job than solving your problems.
So when can I expect my unit to work as advertised? Thanks for your help.
by skillet on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:37 pm
I am wondering too when this will work properly, HUI with Cubase (or any DAW) is horrible and doesn't update to the selected channel strip when you go out side the group of 8 which I do all the time and renders it more of a hinderance then a help for a single fader. I have been on Cubase 8.5 for nearly a year now and this hasn't worked properly since I purchased it over 2 years ago.
by yvesholenstein on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 am
Hi PreSonus support

Any updates on this? It's been 2 years now and we are on Cubase 9 in the meantime. Still the Faderport is completely unusable with the HUI limitations. I cannot count anymore, how often I changed the volume of the wrong channel by mistake because of the bank grouping issue.

Please don't let your customers in the water. Been looking at the StudioLive 32 last week in Frankfurt at Musikmesse and it looks cool. But if I have to expect a similar service with that console as you show with the Faderport I could just as well go and buy a Behringer X32...

Cheers
Yves
by ForumAdmin on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:28 pm
This was fixed with the recent release of FaderPort 1.4.1 available on our downloads page:
https://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort/downloads

12 posts
Page 1 of 1