28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Faderport is an incredible product. There's nothing like it in the market (believe me, I've searched!). The problem is that it hardly works!

Installation in Logic Pro X is a total nightmare. The firmware on your main website is outdated, you have to search the support site to find the correct one. I have it more or less setup now (as Mackie HUI), but there are a lot of buttons that don't do what they should do, or that simply don't work.

There's a bundle in the support site too, but a friend of mine installed it and now the fader controls the Pan instead of the Volume. I'm not touching it.

There are a ton of Logic users that still use the Faderport. You've also lost a lot of users due to the issues. Logic is one of the main platforms now, with many pros switching over from Pro Tools. If you fix this for good, you have a killer product in your hands. Please!

Really, Presonus: would it take that many resources to hire a programmer to fix the firmware and code Logic bundle that enables all the Faderport functions?

I hope we don't need to start a change.org petition for this! :mrgreen:

Logic Pro X 10.1. Mac OS X Yosemite. MacBook Pro mid 2009, 8 GB RAM, SSD drive. Roland Studio Capture.
by mwright137 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:41 pm

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by jorgeotero1 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:09 am
That's the setup that killed my friend's Faderport, so I'm wary of it.

If there was an official confirmation of what works with it, I might try it. Ideally I would like for all buttons to do what they say on the label. :roll:

Logic Pro X 10.1. Mac OS X Yosemite. MacBook Pro mid 2009, 8 GB RAM, SSD drive. Roland Studio Capture.
by mwright137 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:47 pm
Support asked me to pass on that the link I posted above was written by testing and they can't help you further until after you try it.

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by jorgeotero1 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:41 am
I asked my friend and fellow Faderport user (he's the one that convinced me to buy it) to do all the updates and report here. We've also gone through the manual to make sure we didn't miss anything.

For some reason, the forum says he's not allowed to reply, so I'll post his message:

I've been using the Faderport for years. After a few tries, I finally got it going with the 1.3.8 firmware and the 64-bit bundle. This is what is not working for me:

Channel Select:
-Bank. It does nothing. It should do this: "hold the bank button to bank 8 tracks at a time".
-Output: it does nothing, but the manual says it's for "Cubase/Nuendo only", so it's normal that it doesn't work. It's not very useful though!

Fader Mode:
-Write: does nothing
-Touch: does nothing
-Write+touch: the manual says "Write + Touch: Enables Latch Automation". It doesn't work either.

Window view:
-Proj and Trns do what the manual says, which is different from the label (view automation and autozoom). Not sure why that's more useful than doing what the buttons say.

Transport:
-Start (shift+rewind) doesn't move the cursor to the beginning of the main selection, but to the beginning of the session.

Compared to what I have in HUI mode, it seems that a few more functions are working, although I'm worried about the fader automation modes not working.

I am going to install the bundle today and will report my findings.

by mwright137 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:53 am
Your friend needs to register his FaderPort or any other PreSonus hardware on his account to be able to reply.

My Website
by jorgeotero1 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:16 pm
Thanks for the info about registering the product, I've passed it along.

I installed the bundle today, and I had the same results as my friend above. It's a lot better than the HUI implementation, but a few things remain broken.

I haven't tried reprogramming any buttons yet, maybe that could fix the problems.

by alanmather on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:06 am
I've just updated to Logic Pro X.
I've followed your instructions:
Deleted Faderport control suface in the preferences.
I've uninstalled Faderport control from the Logic application package.
I've downloaded and pasted Faderport .bundle into it.
Reopened Logic. Faderport shows as a control surface.

Some important buttons do not function on the Faderport....
The most important is that the channel selection switches DO NOT WORK AT ALL.
This is an important function, and renders the Faderport useless.

I have exactly the same symtoms that the guy above has described!
So there is clearly an issue to be resolved, here.
Are you going to fix this problem, please?

I am pretty upset about this state of affairs.
I would imagine that a competent programmer could sort this pretty quickly.
Thanks in anticipation of a positive result.

iMac 27" 2010, i7 processor, 12GB memory, dual screen Cinema display. OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, Macbook Air, Powerbook G4
Logic Pro X 10.1
Studio One 2
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
Presonus Faderport
by jorgeotero1 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:07 am
The channel selection buttons do work for me (but not the bank buttons). Make sure you have selected a track with the mouse first, and then the arrows start to work.

I seem to remember they didn't work after the install, and then they started to work… Not sure.

by alanmather on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:34 am
I've given up with the Faderport. bundle, removed it.
I've used Mackie HUI and set input and output to Faderport.
I've restarted Logic Pro X disconnected and reconnected the USB lead to the Faderport.
Rebuild Defaults in Control Surfaces.

The Channel Select buttons now work, although, banks don't and neither does Output Select which changes the Mix View to All.
The Read Write and Touch Modes are not programmed properly, same result as with the Faderport.bundle installed.
It's a mish mash of things that work and do't work.
I've talked to a Logic Pro Trainer, and he has 'wasted' a least a day trying to sort this out.
I hope that Presonus will respond to this thread.

iMac 27" 2010, i7 processor, 12GB memory, dual screen Cinema display. OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, Macbook Air, Powerbook G4
Logic Pro X 10.1
Studio One 2
Presonus Faderport
by josuahunziker on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:55 pm
Got the same issues here with Faderport and Logic 10.1 - some features working, but especially the fader mode buttons would be very very useful to have working as well.
by jorgeotero1 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:15 pm
There's another issue with the bundle: it needs to be reinstalled with every Logic update. I just did that today.

by alanmather on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:04 am
Here's where I am at, today.

LOGIC PRO X SETTINGS:
File type: Wave
Sample rate: 48 kHz
Bit depth: 24 bit recording (default)

Latency: I/O buffer size = 128
Low Level Latency ticked
———————————————————
FADERPORT:
Firmware v1.3.8 installed
Mackie HUI selected and I/Os set to Faderport
The Faderport works best using Mackie HUI setup.
And if you use the Mackie HUI method, remove faderport.bundle from the package contents of Logic Pro X app > Contents > MIDI Device Plugins folder.

Follow these instructions....
(If you've installed Faderport.bundle, remove it, else this won't work - check this anyway.)
http://support.presonus.com/entries/439 ... HUI-device

All the buttons and fader work properly now.

Logic Pro X 10.1
Studio One 2
Presonus Faderport
by locwiels on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:21 pm
Hi !

I also have the same problem here. Bought this nice little unit today in order to do a little Automation work on some project, but I went through a number of problems that I believed did belong to an ancient age (the one where you had to spend one night to find the right IRQ /DMA juste to get some sound out of your computer)

Just to settle the context, I'm on OS X 10.10.3 and Logic Pro X 10.1.1. And I use 1.3.8 firmware.

I had several problems with the software itself : crashing firmware updater, (even on an older Mac Mini with 2.0 USB ports only) unrecognized unit, drivers not supporting 64 bits natively, installation of the surface not working properly in Logic.

Now, it seems OK, but I must state the obvious : this thing does not work properly. Automation mode selection, for example, seems really broken. The three "fader mode" buttons keep lighting up. When I press "Write" or "Touch", they just turn off and automation is disabled on my track. When I press again, the tree button turn back on and my track goes to "Read" again. There is no way to select an automation mode. the "output" button seems non working too. When I press it, it just seems to disable the fader motor and I have no way to enable it back, unless I power cycle the unit.

Please Presonus, this is a pretty expensive unit, especially for something that doesn't work properly. I REALLY hope you'll fix these problems quite soon. Right now, I'm considering bringing it back to the reseller cause it costed me 180€ and right now, it just made me waste my time ...
by jorgeotero1 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:18 pm
It looks like this product is going to die a slow death.

I still want to try to configure it from scratch using the keyboard shortcuts window. Maybe that will work...

by ansolas on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 am
The Faderport works great so far with Logic X.

Is there a way to assign context sensitive parameters as in StudioOne so that when you open a PluginWindows you could learn the Fader to control the Filter Cutoff of a Synth and
when you close the windows it controls the Channel Volume as default ?

Presonus StudioOne 6, Apple Logic Pro
__
macOS, macMini M1 1TB SSD / 16 GB RAM,
MOTU M2, Behringer X-Touch & 2*X-Touch Extender,
https://ansolas.de
by ansolas on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:51 am
Noone ?

__
by billykrush on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:48 am
Just installed the Faderport into Logic Pro X

Most of it works.. so it seems things are improving.
things that don't work for me..
Bank up.. Bank down works fine. (it will jump 8 down but not up... weird)
Track UP/DOWN work.
REC... not really sure as i have logic to rec arm selected track
Latch (write+touch) does nothing
doesn't seem to be in sync with what channel i'm selected on in Logic.. so that can get tricky.
USER.. does this even do anything?

Q: Can we custom configure any of the buttons to set up stuff how we want?

Bill
by ansolas on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:30 am
>Bank up.. Bank down works fine. (it will jump 8 down but not up... weird)
>Track UP/DOWN work.
I don't use that anyway, its faster to just click the track to select it imo

>REC... not really sure as i have logic to rec arm selected track
works fine here

>Latch (write+touch) does nothing
you can make that work by learning Keycommands to the buttons.

>doesn't seem to be in sync with what channel i'm selected on in Logic.. so that can get tricky.
That works for me, I bet you set it up as MCU no?

>USER.. does this even do anything?
you can learn any keycommand on this button.

I have learned the Read button to enable disable read , but the button light toggles the wrong way, if i have read disabled the light is on.

I learned write to show automation and touch to toggle beteween read and touch

the user button shows/hides all Plugin windows :)

I also wrote the Presonus support but I didnt received any answer yet , looks like they have no motivation to support Logic

__
by billykrush on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:45 am
Hi Ansolas, yeah i just checked on Gearslutz and made the key commands changes on got what i needed working.
I have it set it in Logic as a control surface is that what you mean by MCU?

i wrote its weird because if i select channel 2 its selects channel 3... it always seems to be behind one.

i'm not unhappy with it.. it kind of does what i need it to..

cheers

Bill

28 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2