5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm using sonar Platinum. I installed the Faderport software, copied the x64 dll to Sonars shared control surface folder. Ran the register thing and it was successful. Faderport worked fine until one day I opened a project and it would go through the process of opening then hang. No white screen or failure message the screen is just frozen. I can click all over the screen and nothing works. I tried another project and the same thing happened. I was not able to open any of my projects. I thought they had all gotten corrupted some how. Just a note: The Faderport works fine in Studio One. During my troubleshooting I uninstalled the Faderport and behold all my projects opened and were fine. Thank God. For some reason the Faderport shows the track numbers in the control surface window instead of active. What's happening is the project would freeze on the track number that was selected in the project. I don't know why the Faderport is doing this. I'm hoping someone here can help resolve this.
Thanks

BobV

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Reaper, Studio One 4, All Mixbus Versions, Samplitube, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Warm Audio WA14 Mic, Warm Audio WA-87 Mic, 2-Warm Audio EQP-WA Tube Eq, AEA RPQ Pre, Presonus D8 Pre, Presonus Faderport 8, Presonus Monitor Station V2, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Trident 80b Eq, 2-DBX 560 Compressors, Neve RNDI, KRK Rocket 5, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub
by Mosvalve on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:05 pm
Does anyone know of a forum I can get help with this issue? This is for Presonus products right?

BobV

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Reaper, Studio One 4, All Mixbus Versions, Samplitube, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Warm Audio WA14 Mic, Warm Audio WA-87 Mic, 2-Warm Audio EQP-WA Tube Eq, AEA RPQ Pre, Presonus D8 Pre, Presonus Faderport 8, Presonus Monitor Station V2, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Trident 80b Eq, 2-DBX 560 Compressors, Neve RNDI, KRK Rocket 5, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:04 am
My suggestion -make sure that before you opens the faderport in sonar to hot plug the device (unplug it in and out) so it "resets" itself. Then open sonar. Native modes take control of the DAW you are working with it in. If you has to jump between DAW software, it could be getting "hung up," somehow.

You can also contact Sonar Support to see if they have additional information.

The forums here are user forums. If you are looking for a response from Presonus Tech Support, you would need to open a support ticket.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Mosvalve on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:16 pm
Thanks Matt I appreciate your response. I'm not switching between DAWs so I don't think that is causing the issue. When I first got the Faderport it was working as expected in Sonar. It always works in Studio One. Why it for whatever the reason it changed from showing active to tracks in the control surface window. Strange.

One thing your suggestion may fix is Sonar seeing the faderport when opening a project. I normally have to open Studio One, close it then open Sonar so it see's the faderport. I guess Studio One initilizes it in a way sonar can see it.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

BobV

by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Sorry I couldnt be of more help. Good luck.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

5 posts
Page 1 of 1