3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Presonus- bleep?
Great sounding product. If it only did what you said it would do.
NO fader movement, some buttons do what you promised, some do nothing and some seemingly random stuff.

And I gotta use a USB2 computer to run the firmware update (which doesn't fix it).

It's 2016.

How hard is it to get a box to play/stop/FF/RW, Rec. make a marker, and have the fader move to the level of current selected track.

You should feel ashamed to sell it.

PLEASE, get some kid to spend a couple days getting your firmware to run USB3 and get your device to control basic functions of Logic Pro X as advertised.

I've spent hours trying to make it work. More hours than I'd have to work to by the unit.

Am I the only one who can't get this unit to do what it says on the box?
by colinsnape on Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 pm
UPDATE:
OK, I've managed to get it working as a HUI device.
I was on the verge of putting it back in the box and returning it and getting another (nonPresonus) device.

The motorised fader, the whole reason I got the faderport, is now functioning.

I must say, this kind of screwing around has gotta be costing you guys at Presonus. It's an entry level product, affordable to non-professionals.
I know it's and old product but they continue to market and sell it so they really should support it a bit better. As a first experience with their company it sets a bad tone.

I mean, firmware update doesn't work with USB3.
Not fully functional, plug and play, out of the box with major DAWs (i.e. Logic Pro X).

So I'm keeping it 'cos I really like it now I've got it working.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to the users of this product for sharing their knowledge, without you guys I would have given up on this unit and returned it for something else.
by Mosvalve on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:49 pm
I can't get the firmware to install on USB2 or 3. Just keep getting a message about making sure the cable is properly connected. IDK.

BobV

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Reaper, Studio One 4, All Mixbus Versions, Samplitube, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Warm Audio WA14 Mic, Warm Audio WA-87 Mic, 2-Warm Audio EQP-WA Tube Eq, AEA RPQ Pre, Presonus D8 Pre, Presonus Faderport 8, Presonus Monitor Station V2, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Trident 80b Eq, 2-DBX 560 Compressors, Neve RNDI, KRK Rocket 5, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub

3 posts
Page 1 of 1