3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone I recently purchased a faderport and I'm running pro tools 12. Unfortunately I seem to be having trouble with getting it setup and working properly. The first issue Iv had is that it will only work with channel 9 fader and it won't move to any other channel in that selected bank. Then weirdly today suddenly started working with channel 9 to 16 but it won't go to channels 1 to 8 at all and I now can't operate any channels after 16 either? Very frustrating and had me pullin my hair out. I'm fairly certain that I have set it up correctly but if anyone can help me sort out the problem I'd be over the moon. For your info I'm running it on an imac, pro tools 12 and iv already tried updating firmware etc.
by bendorey on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:08 pm
Just thought that I would update you all with the answer to the problem that I was having. After hours of playing around, unplugging the faderport, re-installing the firmware etc all resulting with no joy. I simply discovered that it was my Novation Impulse 49 thar was causing the trouble as it also a midi controller using the HUI settings in the pro tools settings which therfore caused my faderport not to function properly. The solution was to simply change the Impulses HUI setting to none and that solved everything. Now I have a perfectly normal faderport and my impulse 49 can still be used as a midi keyboard to play my vst's. Thought that I would update with this info incase some of you have the same issue in the future. :)
by jamesmargraf on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:09 am
My impulse 49 was causing the same problem. Fixed! Thanks!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1