8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,
I had my new faderport arrive today - yay. And I'm having trouble with getting it working with Audition CC - the latest version.
Has anyone done this?
I work in radio and I thought this new device may be a able to speed up some editing times etc.
cheers,
Steve
by stevemonro on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:39 pm
Hi guys, so this is the response I had from an Adobe staff member.

"FaderPort's have Mackie HUI emulation which we do not yet support.

In the past we've asked PreSonus for technical specifications for native support, but never received a response."
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2180640

Can you guys work together on this or something please?

Many thanks.
by stevemonro on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:42 pm
Any updates on this?
by monoxide works on Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 am
I'm not sure when but during a recent update of Audition, I'm currently using Adobe Audition CC 2017.1.1 Build 10.1.1.11 - I am quite happy to see that PreSonus FaderPort is now part of the list of compatible control surfaces.

I'm not sure how far compatibility and functionality goes but... can someone test and verify?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64 bit
Adobe Creative Suite
Ableton Live 9
Presonus Studio One 3 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Novation Launch Control XL
Ableton Push 1 and 2
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88
M-Audio Axiom Pro 25
KRK Rokit 6 G3
KRK VXT 6
Presonus Eris E5
Presonus MTM E44
[email protected]
by sireasoning on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:10 am
I just got a faderport, setup the faderport in the control panel section of Audition and it does not work, even after a reboot. It works just fine in Reaper.
by Bbd on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 am
I am working to get some info on this question. Not sure how long it will take but will keep you posted.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by stevecaldwell1 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:32 pm
I have gotten non-Mackie controllers to work with Adobe Premier which also does not support many non-mackie controllers. I use Bome MIDI Translator pro to convert from my MIDI CC values to what Mackie expects. Check out this YouTube tutorial.

https://youtu.be/P1eti-F5xmE
by claudiucauneac on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:49 pm
After a lot of research if PreSonus Faderport v2 (2018) would work with Audition (under Windows 10 or anything else) I found NOTHING really telling me if it does or not, it's like this subject is avoided online for some reason lol...so, I took a leap of faith and I bought it anyway and give it a try first hand...just got it a couple of days ago (today is October 8th, 2020) and I tried to connect it to Audition but it seemed hopeless to get it to communicate and work properly, but I didn't give up on it just yet and I kept searching for an answer and found a guy being able to connect it to Premiere Pro, not my model but the 8 channel one using Mackie protocol connection, so I tried it out...this is what I did in this order:

1. Faderport v2

- turn on while holding down the Next arrow looking right button (to change the Operation Mode) and those top buttons led up and I pressed the Mute button which is MCU (Logic) > now the PreSonus FP2 is in Logic (mackie) protocol mode. - I think you only have to do this once and then it'll stay like that, hopefully lol

2. Audition

- before opening Audition I did all the settings from point 1 above in Faderport v2 and left it on, then opened up Audition (I have Adobe Creative Cloud Suite which is up to date today 10/8/20) and I went to Edit > Preferences > Control Surface > added a device under Device Class > chose Mackie > click Settings (or double click the Mackie once added under Device Class then click Settings) > on the Configure Mackie Control window click Add > on the smaller ConfigureMackie Control window that opens up under Device Type chose Mackie Control, under MIDI Input Device choose PreSonus FP2 (or something like that - it should show up in there if the PreSonus Faderport is on and connected to your computer), under MIDI Output Device choose PreSonus FP2 (same with input MIDI) > click OK > OK > OK > OK and at some point the fader on Presonus should move meaning that it somehow communicated with Audition.

This way I was able to use it with Audition and here you have a youtube of this guy showing the basic functionality of the PreSonus Faderport V2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfhKKlaRBjo&t=30s

I was able to use it with Audition like the guy in the youtube video (I only tried the basic functionality - I mean all the buttons on it and shift + buttons to see if they do what they say) with small exceptions like when the Marker is pressed the Next or Prev buttons won't go to the markers and I just got a footswitch (M-Audio SP 2 Universal Sustain Pedal) to use it with PreSonus FP2 but I wasn't able to get it to work it, I might but I just didn't yet...I'm fairly new to Audition and I might be missing stuff here and there, but in a few words it will work with Audition under mackie protocol...there might be better ways to connect it and get a full functionality out of it but I haven't tried them all yet.

Good luck.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1