9 posts
Page 1 of 1
My fader port does not work with SONAR. In fact, it has not worked with it since I believe it was SONAR 3... I am on SONAR Platinum now.... and still no go.... Is there going to be a fix for this or is it just a "will not work" thing?
by -Luis- on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:20 pm
You need to manually register the FaderPort.dll in Windows and you need to do it running the command prompt as administrator or it won't work.
Inside the FaderPort folder there's a sub folder named FaderPort Dll that contains the .dll for Sonar choose your version x64 or x86,copy the .dll and place it in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces or C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces then open command prompt and type this.
Code: Select all
regsvr32  "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Surfaces\FaderPort.dll"
press enter.

http://support.presonus.com/entries/459 ... alk-Sonar-
by KMGuitarSlinger on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:38 pm
Ok, I tried that (both ways) and it still doesn't work. And when doing it under the command prompt - I followed the directions however, when I hit enter after entering in the second line of code - I get a error code. Saying that the ddl is registered but can not be loaded (or the other way around - cant remember) and has an error code. I tried it again just incase I did not enter something in right... this time I copied the code as it was written in the directions and still did the same thing. Says that the ddl was registered but can not be loaded and lists that error code again.Now - did I screw something up in my system by doing this and it not working? can I undo what I just did?
by -Luis- on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:38 pm
Your system is fine, nothing was changed, I don't know why it didn't work in your machine.
I've been using my FaderPort with Sonar since X1,and I know it works because I use it every day.

by -Luis- on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:51 pm
This is from the Knowledge Base.
Faderport.dll registration for Cakewalk Sonar
by KMGuitarSlinger on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:35 pm
musician2373 wroteThis is from the Knowledge Base.
Faderport.dll registration for Cakewalk Sonar

Yes, the Knowledge Base is the directions that I followed. Not sure why it didn't work but, it didn't work. I do appreciate the help though - Thank You.
by jerrycastaldo on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10 am
musician2373 wroteYour system is fine, nothing was changed, I don't know why it didn't work in your machine.
I've been using my FaderPort with Sonar since X1,and I know it works because I use it every day.

Hi,
I'm using Sonar Platinum and can only get the PAN and the VOLUME adjustments to work, no play, stop, rewind.....
I'm using Firmware 1.38.
Which firmware are you using?
Thanks.
by -Luis- on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm
Hi Jerry,

I'm also using firmware 1.3.8, for me it works fine with Platinum, and all X versions.
Maybe I can help you if you provide more info on how you have the FaderPort configured in Sonar.
by gwlxspav on Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:04 am
My FaderPort Classic does not work with BandLab Cakewalk, but my FaderPort V2 does work with Cakewalk by selecting Cubase MCU mode.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1