7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

For some reason the included CD wouldn't run.
I couldn't find an auto install file on it but there is a dll file for Cubase?
So I ran the 1.38 driver I found in the Studio One Forum.

My PC only has USB 3.0 ports but from what I've read, USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0 and 1.1. :reading:

Below is a PDF with screen shots of what's happening.
1) After I press "Rewind, Stop, and Record", (per instructions in step 3) I get the "Can't find..." message in step 4 and then only the "Loop" and "Rewind" are lit.
2) Studio One shows it in "External Devices" but it doesn't work on any tracks.
3) It also shows up in my Device Manager. :roll:
4) Yes, I have the AC wall wart plugged into it.

Faderport won't install.pdf
(136.63 KiB) Downloaded 945 times

What are the steps one follows to go about getting this to install/work?
I've not had such difficulties in quite some time. :roll:

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by stonberg on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:48 am
USB 3 is backwards compatible, however the information on the Presonus webpage for the v1.38 faderport firmware update clearly states:

"NOTE: A firmware update for the Faderport must be completed with USB 2.0 ports that have no USB 3.0 controllers"

...so I guess this is what's preventing you from successfully updating the firmware. Is there e.g. a laptop, or somebody else's PC you can use for the purpose of the firmware update?

FYI I needed to install v1.38 before the motorised fader started working.

HTH
by scottyo7 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:32 am
stonberg wroteUSB 3 is backwards compatible, however the information on the Presonus webpage for the v1.38 faderport firmware update clearly states:

"NOTE: A firmware update for the Faderport must be completed with USB 2.0 ports that have no USB 3.0 controllers"

...so I guess this is what's preventing you from successfully updating the firmware. Is there e.g. a laptop, or somebody else's PC you can use for the purpose of the firmware update?

FYI I needed to install v1.38 before the motorised fader started working.

HTH

Thank you Stonberg,

I totally missed that. :roll:
Gee, I've been perusing PreSonus, YouTube and such and thought I knew the parameters, apparently not. :oops: I was happy to stumble upon the 1.38 update though. ;)

Can I use a USB 2.0 hub connected to my USB 3.0 ports to install it?
I've read that all the USB ports will be forced down to the lowest USB port speed seen by the PC? :?:

-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
by stonberg on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:48 am
scottyo7 wroteCan I use a USB 2.0 hub connected to my USB 3.0 ports to install it?

If I had to guess, I'd say no because the Presonus statement mentions 'no USB 3.0 controllers', and there would be a 3.0 controller 'upstream' to your connected 2.0 hub.

No harm in trying though I suppose.
by scottyo7 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:22 pm
Wow, upon reading what is posted about the Faderport...

NOTE: A firmware update for the Faderport must be completed with USB 2.0 ports that have no USB 3.0 controllers, and on a Mac or PC. No other MIDI related devices (interfaces with MIDI or even control surfaces) must be noted as connected in Audio MIDI setup (Mac) or in your Device Manager (PC). If you are not seeing the lights "blink" on the firmware update steps, note that regressions in firmware versions can cause this to happen. The device should update regardless of what is seen in the Faderport itself.

I don't see how anyone (like me) with USB 3.0 ports can use the Faderport any longer... talk about a device 'long in the tooth'. :cry:

I do have an older laptop with USB 2.0 but how do I update and then move all the needed files from the old PC back over to my ASUS laptop with the USB 3.0 ports, where I run my studio?

Seems I'm going to have to contact customer support.

NOTE: Hey Mod's, I see you deleted my other post in "Studio One General Discussion". I posted there because I hoped for better visibility over there. There's been no activity in this Faderport forum since Feb 24th. :roll: And I am using the Faderport in Studio One. ;)

-Just My Songs
by renerdenberger1 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:03 pm
Hello

One year after, as far as I can see.... this Problem still exists!? I just tried to update my FaderPort and face the same problem.

ONE YEAR AFTER that Inital-Post...

There is no update whick youlf fix this issue? Its very hard to find a computer without USB 3.0 controller yet...

Cuold this be true?
by simonpierce on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:41 pm
Are you both sure you're not already on the latest driver?

If you are, then trying to run the updater doesn't work. It would obviously be proper for PreSonus to write the software to identify as such, rather than just throw up errors, but I had the same issue. Was trying to install latest drivers from the website, but as my device is new it has the latest drivers and an update wasnt required

Now works flawlessly

7 posts
Page 1 of 1