4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Using Faderport for 2 years, motorized functions stopped working suddenly, but it still responds in S1. When I shut down S1 today, the actual fader would shudder unexpectedly. Tried different project, reinstalled drivers, did the 5.4 update, plugged the faderport power and usb into direct sources. ?
by Steve Carter on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:06 am
Can you manually move the fader through its full range and if so does S1 respond accordingly?

If not, the fader may have be physically blocked or the actuator (whatever that may be mechanically/electrically) may well have failed - to state the obvious!

I’ve had my Classic Faderport for 6-7 years now and if it’s not tempting fate, it’s still working fine. I’m not a power user though but my experience with other Presonus hardware has not been as positive.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by jasonwolfe1 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:28 am
Yes, the fader still responds in S1, but the motor isn't responding. When changing channels, it's not in the correct position, creates havoc. The buttons aren't lighting up either, but they still respond in S1 as well. It worked fine for years... Maybe it's fried, I bought it used.

The odd thing is when I close S1, the fader jitters erratically for a second, so there is movement still.
by SwitchBack on Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:55 am
The old faderport needed the power supply only for the fader motor. Maybe the same for the new ones and your power supply failed?

4 posts
Page 1 of 1