3 posts
Page 1 of 1
The changelog for the latest Universal Control (3.3 dated 7/7/2020) update states that "the original FaderPort will no longer be supported in Universal Control from this version forward".
So... any idea what this means? Will it continue to work? I own other Presonus products (Studio 24c and ATOM) so need to keep up with Universal Control, but I don't want to lose the functionality of my FaderPort.
by ForumAdmin on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:55 pm
The FaderPort Classic is a Class Compliant MIDI Interface. It will work without Universal Control installed. It was created long before Universal Control was developed. We adapted Universal Control to be able to update the FaderPort Classic about 2 years ago.

The FaderPort Classic has 2 modes.
* Normal MIDI Controller Usage
* Firmware Update (DFU)

The Normal MIDI Controller part continues to work on any Mac, PC or (and even Linux) USB host you can plug it into.

However since that release in 2018, a problem arose where the Firmware Update functionality does not work with USB 3.0 chipsets.

As of Universal Control 3.3.0.59348 will display the current installed version of firmware, however the firmware update utility has been discontinued.

The last supported release that includes firmware update is Universal Control v3.2.1.57677 released on April 14, 2020.

To update the unit you'll need:
Find a PC with USB 2.0 ports (or for desktops use a PCI / PCIe Expansion USB 2.0 card) / an older Mac with USB 2.0 ports along with a supported OS for that release (ie UC 3.2.1) and you should be able to update the unit just fine. Some newer PC motherboards still have USB 2.0 ports. And Using a USB 2.0 hub on a USB 3.0 port won't work.

You can read more in Section 2 of this knowledge base article:
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... -correctly

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by chadseay on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:49 am
Thank you Alex for the quick response. Makes perfect sense.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1