11 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I just got a Faderport Classic and I'm not able to update the firmware. It is still on 1.0...

I read all articles and I install Universal Control on 3 machines with USB 2.0 ports and I'm still not able to update because of error 0x....

Tried on Mac and Windows (7,10)...

Even through the USB 1 port on an old iMac keyboard it is still throwing the error code. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance....
by Skip Jones on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:16 pm
Read here >>>>> . https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... t-Classic-

Maybe try running UC 2.8.0 first to try to update firmware and clear error?

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by jcrakes on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm
Faderport classic fails when trying to update firmware...I get the dreaded error 0x80004005... I have the latest UC also... Frustrating, as the point of getting the Faderport was for the motorized fader which does not function... Anybody from Presonus have any ideas? Already tried to update on multiple computers and with both usb 2 and 3 ....very frustrating! How does one do a hard reset of the Faderport/ ...last gasp effort here :(

S1 6
Win 10
16 GB RAM, i5, 3.2G
Babyface Pro interface, Faderport classic
Guitars, amps, keyboards, etc.
by Skip Jones on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:38 pm
Advise open a service ticket.
I assume you read the article at the top of this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=27938

Skip

OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by jcrakes on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Thanks for the reply... Yes, I viewed the link. I obtained the update from the Presonus site.
Running Win 7 sp1 so that shouldn't be the problem. I am tempted to try a new power supply since everything works except the motorized fader...Thanks again for your assistance :)
I will open a ticket

S1 6
Win 10
16 GB RAM, i5, 3.2G
by Skip Jones on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:37 pm
Ah, it indeed could be the PS if everything else works. Not expensive available in the PreSonus Shop.I went through a power supply on my FP Classic but it was my puppy chewing through the cable. ;) I currently use a FP 8 on my desk with the FP Classic on my keyboard synth for convenience.

https://shop.presonus.com/9V-DC-Power-Supply

Good luck!

Skip

by jcrakes on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 am
Followed all steps, opened a ticket etc. and it was recommended that I send it in for service. At $75 for service plus S&H, just not worth it at all. Guess it will be a glorified transport control, but that's ok

S1 6
Win 10
16 GB RAM, i5, 3.2G
by jcrakes on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:39 am
No luck, so I returned the unit... bought it on Reverb.com. Seller accepted return minus S&H since it was past the 7 day grace period. I think I will try to get another one...If you decide to purchase one of these units, remember to check with the merchant to see what version of the firmware has been loaded and save a yourself a few headaches. Salud!

S1 6
Win 10
16 GB RAM, i5, 3.2G
by 12thharmonic on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:22 pm
After weeks of frustration, I got there. FPC was FW1.0
Mac Catalina, Win 7, and 10 failed. :thumbdown:
Last attempt. I dusted off an old Win 8 Laptop. :roll:
UC 2.8 worked. Finally. On a native USB2 port. :punk:
Win 8 is good for something. Hope this helps someone unbrick a unit.
by willemvanham on Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:00 pm
Today I recieved a Presonus Faderport Classic, which I bought second hand. I use Presonus Studio One Artist 5 and I have a fairly new Windows PC which I bought march 2020. I tried to connect to the Faderport and update to firmware 1.45, but since my PC is not that old I got the wellknow error and upgrading the firmware was not an option. I had the Faderport connected to a USB 2.0 port but that is by no means a native USB 2.0 port so it seemed. So I looked up a older system, with an older motherboard, which also had Windows 10 installed as the main OS. I downloaded the Universal Connect application version from de Presonus websit today (11 january 2021) and installed it on this older computer. Connected the Faderport Classic and went through the firmware update procedure, and voila updating was done in a matter of 10 minutes. After the firmware update, the Faderport Classic is now perfectly working with my Presonus Studio One Artist 5 version on my new PC. So in other words, the Presonus Faderport Classic can work on a Windows 10 64 bits computer after the firmware update 1.45. And updating the firmware can be done on a Windows 10 system only as the motherboard has native USB 2.0 ports. So the Windows operating system version on the machine is not leading in the succes to be able to update to firmware 1.45 , but the presence of a real native USB 2.0/older port version is important.
by martialfoucault on Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:14 am
The only way to update the FPC is to use a Native USB2 port.
Some time you have to go inside the Bios to force the USB2 setting.

I solved this problem that way. :thumbup:

Dell T-5500 desktop | Win10 x64 | Xeon E5620 2.44ghz 8 cores /16 threads | 32Go RAM | S1 V4.6.1
Dell E-7240 laptop | Win10 x64 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2501 MHz, 2 cores /4 threads | 16Go RAM |

S1 last version on both

11 posts
Page 1 of 1