5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I've not had the Faderport plugged in for about 6 months, and I can't get it to work at all now.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Studio One pro v3.5

Could somebody who has Faderport working on the same system please let me know what is reported for the Faderport in the device manager?

What I see is 'FaderPort' under Sound, Video and Game Controllers with the following driver details:

Microsoft
12/07/2013

I tried going back to the Faderport Version 1.0 installation CD, but as luck would have it, the CD is badly cracked and so cannot be read. I can only see documentation to download for the Faderport on the Presonus website so I'm not sure if I have the correct driver or where I could obtain it from.

I also tried running the v1.38 firmware updater, but it complains that it cannot find the Faderport control surface.

When studio one runs, it seems to be able to see the Faderport in that I can configure the input and output ports for it, but the start-up list shows: "Failed to open Faderport!".

The Faderport is plugged directly into a USB 2.0 port on my computer.

Any ideas?
by Skip Jones on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:17 pm
Please read the following article found in the PreSonus Knowledge base.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... FaderPort-

If you have a earlier than 2012 unit and tried to update to 1.3.8 you may have damaged your unit. In that case please open a support ticket. Click on the hyperlink in my signature to submit a support ticket.

Kind regards,

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by stonberg on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:23 am
Turns out I have a much deeper problem :-(

No class compliant USB MIDI devices are working on my system at all. The symptoms are the same in every case; the device apparently installs correctly and appears under Sound, Video and Game Controllers in device manager, but no application can open them. I tried both the Faderport and my (new) USB MIDI keyboard on my W10 laptop and both work fine.

Ho hum, it might be time to bite the bullet and install W10.
by stonberg on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:21 am
I managed to track down the guilty culprit last night. It turned out to be an installation of CopperLan; either it was exclusively grabbing access to any and all MIDI ports on my system, or its presence was causing the problem of no application being able to open any MIDI ports. Now permanently uninstalled. Perhaps this information will be of help to somebody else :)
by Skip Jones on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:18 am
Good detective work! Glad you're sorted out.

Skip

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear

5 posts
Page 1 of 1