1 post
Page 1 of 1
Almost overnight.

I'm an advanced user of Protools and accessories and took on Faderport because it suits a small portable studio that I need to use from time to time.

I bought Faderport in Australia in June. I remember doing a firmware upgrade because it was included and in good faith I did so.

Now I read that (because I need to know why my fader which has done so well is now not working), that Presonus says that units made after a certain date have the latest firmware and that running the update returns the fader to some prehistoric level of firmware .. what is that about? So I went looking for the latest firmware on this website and guess what .. NOT AVAILABLE. Yes I'm shouting because I had one day to finish something and now I'm scrambling to find a resolution to a really stupid problem that seems to have been created by Presonus. My unit was registered here and nobody told me not to use the firmware updater.

So .. a result to this is unlikely on a Sunday. I was wondering whether to buy Faderport 8 but now I'm thinking an investment in an Avid product might be a better bet. Prove me wrong. My questions ... 1/ How do I find out exactly what firmware my unit is currently running?
2/ If I've mucked it up by installing the firmware updater provided (1.3.5?) How do I get a hold of 1.3.8 when it's no longer provided on this website?
3/Can you reply in the next 12 hours? (not holding my breath)

Thanks
Sound Rerecording Mixer Down Under

1 post
Page 1 of 1