8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone. I work in Logic X. Installed everything according to the instructions on the website. The problem is that the fader does not respond to readings MIDI track. Logic sees that Faderport sends messages, but does not react on it. When playing back automation fader does not move. With Audio tracks Faderport works well. Thank you.
by matthewgorman on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:14 pm
You are saying that the fader doesn't move when reading automation? Do you have the power supply plugged in? The number one reason for the fader not moving with automation is running on USB power only. You need to plug in the power supply to have a flying fader.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by N-D-A on Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:14 am
Thank you. The power is on, I say that the fader does not move only in the management of MIDI tracks. With Audio tracks it works fine.
by chazdabat on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:32 am
same problem, anyone know hope to get round this?
by matthewgorman on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:47 am
Not familiar with logic. In S1, midi tracks in arrange do not have a 1 to 1 relationship to a fader in the mixer. Is Logic similar? This would be expected behavior in S1 to select a midi track in arrange, and not be able to control the fader in the mixer. You would need to select the mixer fader.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Lawrence on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:13 am
I hope this isn't a hijack but I ran into a similar issue yesterday in S1 when mixing. The problem is that the FaderPort doesn't automatically recognize an automation track's selection / parent and doesn't move control to the track.

So below, I had previously selected track 8 and then selected the automation track with Track 6's volume fader but the FaderPort fader stays on Track 8, which is a little visually confusing, especially the way I mix with group bus automation exposed, and the FaderPort doesn't follow those arrange track selections.

Maybe track selection should also follow automation track selection in that case since the automation track already obviously knows what the parent is.

As it stands now, you have to manually link those via the context menu before writing bus automation and then manually unlink them afterward.
by majorearth on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:33 am
I'm having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? See below:

Hi Guys...I just upgraded my Logic 9 64 bit to Logic X. Everything works just as it did in Logic 9 with the exception of external midi tracks. In logic x if I'm in the main arrange view or mixer and I select an Audio Track or a Software instrument track the Faderport fader is able to control the volume and the Faderport Pan is able to control the pan as expected. If I select an External Midi track the Faderport Fader automatically resets to the lowest position and if I move the Faderport Fader it does not affect the Volume audibly or visibly when looking at the automation line in Logic X. Moving the fader has basically no effect. The Faderport Pan knob has no effect on external midi tracks as well. If launch Logic 9 instead of X the Faderport works on all tracks...external midi, audio, software instrument. Any thoughts? I'm using OS X v10.9.5 and the Faderport install with the 64 bit bundle.
by majorearth on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:07 pm
I think I've figured it out. In logic x control surfaces --> setup...the CS Group params that affect it are Channel Strip view mode which needs to be "single", Fader Bank for Tracks view which needs to be "0" and Fader Bank for All view which needs to be "0".

I discovered that even though I had these settings to start they would somehow always end up automatically changing. After much looking in Logic X when you bring up a Mixer there is a setting in the View Menu that says "Link Control Surfaces" it turns out that when this is ticked (it seems to be by default) the Control Surface params change depending on the view the Logic Mixer is on (single, tracks, or all).

What worked for me was saving a Logix X template that has all screensets with a mixer in them with the option "Link Control Surfaces" unticked. Then go back into logic x control surfaces --> setup and set Channel Strip view mode to be "single", Fader Bank for Tracks view to "0" and Fader Bank for All view to "0". For the Faderport since it's a single fader it seems doing this will keep it in single mode and working great.

** The key is to save the template with screensets that have mixers in them so that you can save the "Link Control Surfaces" unticked setting. If you don't do that and you bring up a logic mixer it will default to have that setting ticked and then the CS Group params will change.

** This seems to work for me with the 64 bundle or HUI mode. In logic x I like the HUI mode better because the read, write and touch work.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1