5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just bought a faderport and installed the newest firmware.

Running Studio One v3.1

Straight up.. it's acting weird on me. When I move the fader in the daw the motorized fader reacts accordingly and everything seems ok. But when I move the motorized fader physically it hangs and stops several times during a full fader movement.. it also changes the fader level in the daw very sporadically.

Basically it's useless to me like this.

Ok, the transport works as you would suppose it should.. but the fader was the whole point of buying this for me.

Looking at other posts here and searching the net I find several people reporting this problem, some of them years back in time... all the threads end up with problem not being solved.

It's brand new and I'm using it with the newest Studio One.. how can it not work??
by federicosilva on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:49 pm
Same issue here. A reply will be nice.
by deangallant on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:59 pm
Same issue here. The fader seems to have a short almost. Returning mine
by deangallant on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:33 pm
Returned mine, and it WAS faulty. I suspect it was damaged in shipping, as when I opened it, the install CD was broken. Anyhow, the local Dealer replaced it no problems, and the new one works 100%. Much happier now!
by seanbrown2 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:12 pm
I have this same issue . bought it used ;-( . came in box with all original packaging . worked for a few months then started acting up. I started a support ticket yesterday but have not had a response yet. I asked if I could buy a replacement fader and install it my self thinking this would be a cheaper option then sending it in for repair also it would mean less down time

i have tried to take the fader apart and believe the issue to be related to the touch feature. it uses some very delicate springs to make contact when you apply pressure to the fader knob . I have attempted this repair twice . Both times it worked for a couple days then starts sticking again .

a side note
If I stick a small screw driver or paperclip in the fader slot and compete a circuit between the boom or back of the fader and the side (narrow silver strip running the length of the fader ) the fader in studio one changes to a light blue color and faderport fader action is smooth as butter.

Last year traded up my 3 firepod pod chain for a RM32AI. just added CS18AI And I am LOVING IT!. The Home Studio set up. Home built. Amd fx 8350 8 core 4400 Mhz liquid cooled. Asus M5A99X-EVO R2 MotherBoard, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix 1866mhz Ram, 120 GB Intel SSD , 1TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST NAS HDD, 500 GB Seagate HDD. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, SiiG DP FireWire 800 3 port PCIe card, tripple monitors 27 inch Asus Monitor / 2 24 Asus inch monitors , Studio one 3 pro, RM32Ai firewire to pc, QSC RMX 2450, RMX 1450, RMX 850. Furman RP-8D power conditioner. Audix Microphones. PDP Platinum Series Drums

5 posts
Page 1 of 1