6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I can't seem to get the BANK button working in S1 Pro v3

It transmits.... But, I can't figure out how to make a bank in Studio One.

Anyone know how to do this?

https://soundcloud.com/brotherbrim/sets ... ernational

win 11 pro... S1 pro latest version... 64 bits... Rme latest drivers... All the ram and i9 3900k monster...
by sunmachine on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:00 am
The Bank button of the FaderPort doesn't switch between channel banks of eight (or some other numbers) in Studio One. Instead it switches between the control of the selected channel and the channels of the Remote Console Scene (a.k.a. Remote Bank) that you get when you click on the Remote button of the Console.

So it works like this:
Bank button not active
The FaderPort is controlling the selected channel of the currently active Console Scene in Studio One (Screen or Remote Scene). The left/right buttons of the FaderPort let you select and thus control the previous/next channel within that scene. Also, selecting a channel within Studio One is reflected by the FaderPort.

Bank button active
The FaderPort is controlling one of the channels present in the Remote Console Scene. Using the left and right button of the FaderPort let you navigate through those channels. To see which channel is currently under control of the FaderPort, touch the fader of the FaderPort and see which channel's fader cap is turning blue in Studio One. The selected channel is not synced with the FaderPort in this mode.

Hope this helps!

Sonic Core XITE-1 SCOPE DSP Platform ~ Windows 7 Pro 64-bit@Mac Mini i7 (Late 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6
RME Fireface UCX ~ OS X 10.9.5@MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) ~ Studio One Professional 2.6

--
Try FastMail for better email!
by TomTama on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:40 pm
Based on the description of how the Bank function works, how is it used in practice? I can't think of a use for it.

2013 Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, TB2, 64GB RAM, Catalina 10.15.7, Dell 43" 4K Monitor, Luna Display, 2X Apollo x8, Apollo x8p, UAD OCTO TB3 Satellite, UAD QUAD TB3 Satellite, UAD V9.14.5, UA OX 1.2, Studio One 5.4, Dangerous Dbox+, Dangerous 2-Bus LT, MiniDSP w/Dirac 2.0, Behringer PowerPlay P16-M & P16-I, ATOM, SSL UF8, Akai Advance 49, Focal Twin 6be, Focal Sub6
by PreAl on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 am
OK this is an old thread, but I'm puzzling my head around this too. I'm not surprised there wasn't a reply.

I've got my android tablet running, I got a song with three tracks, the first track is hidden in the remote scene.

1) With remote scene off, I navigate to the first channel, push fader it up and down, works. The channel is clearly highlighted in the mix view in studio one on my PC.

2) Then I press bank. Absolutely nothing to indicate where I am now. I press the fader, the second channel is highlighted in blue on the fader in Studio One on the PC (because the first is hidden in the remote scene). On the tablet app itself there is no indication at all where I am.

3) Then I press bank again. See (1) for behaviour.

This is all very well and good - but what is the actual point?

If I'm using a tablet app then I'm using the tablet not the faderport!

Also when I'm navigating between channels (using left and right buttons) in bank mode - it does not highlight the current channel on the tablet app, which makes it pretty useless, nor is there any other indication on the tablet.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Jemusic on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:26 pm
Faderport 8 for example definitely switches banks in groups of 8. You have to push the Bank first (so it lights up) and then use the Next/Prev buttons to bank in groups of 8. If you arrange your session in groups of 8 like instruments this makes it all very fast and easy. (if you have say 7 guitar tracks for example in a group, you can put a dummy track in so when you bank to the next group to the right of the guitars, then they will appear at the first slot in that bank)

If you are looking at say channel 3 for instance on Faderport 8 and you click on channel 19 in your session, pressing the large encoder knob instantly updates Faderport 8 as well so it too will jump to channel 19.

Obviously with Faderport 16 you will be banking less often.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by PreAl on Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:02 am
To respond to a post a very long time ago, this doesn't happen on the Faderport classic, and this is the Faderport classic section of the Forums. See my last post for actual behaviour.

Looks like there is no bank button on the V2 version of the single channel faderport. To be quite frank it's probably not needed, but then why have a useless button that cannot be assigned elsewhere?

I can only assume this button was included for Mackie functionality for other DAWs, and as a secondary option they did this odd remote scene behaviour which is basically useful for nobody.

Anyway nothing is gonna happen as the product is discontinued...

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1