1 post
Page 1 of 1
I had a bad Presonus experience last night that was triggered by yanking/breaking a front USB port on my computer; was connected to my MIDI controller (Photon X25) with a cord that was obviously too short. So I got out a USB hub. Then I got the idea that it would be easier to swap my (portable) devices, if I plugged them into the USB port. So, I di. However, this did not pan out; devices were not being recognised via the hub. So I ditched the idea; went back to plugging straight into USB port(s) on the computer.

Which brings me to...

My VSL22 no longer lights up; no power; cannot be recognised. I tried plugging into 3 different machines- same results.

My Faderport is also having problems. It now comes on in teh following state:

must/red; solo/orange; rec/red; leftarrow/red; bank/red; rightarrow/red; output/orange; off/red

I tried to rerun the v1.38 firmware...see if it would rest. However, the device is not being recognised as part of the installation process; cannot see/find it.

My great hope here is that I can rectify this situation for both devices. (I dropped similar post in the USB area, as this situation has essentially left me flat.)

I appreciate all infos, particularly those leading to some sort of recovery. Personally, I've never been in this situation. And I cannot fathom being left without both devices simply because I plugged them into a USB hub unsuccessfully.

1 post
Page 1 of 1