3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Under fader mode we have these button toggles, which toggle on off:

Read, Write, Touch.

Press them more than once and it goes off.

So what's the use of the "Off" button next to them? Doesn't seem to work either in most scenarios.

Thanks

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Bbd on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 am
Turns off the mechanical fader movement.

7. Fader Mode Set the selected track’s fader in read, write, and/or touch mode, or turn the
fader motor off with these controls. In TOUCH mode, the fader will follow any automation
present until it is touched. When touched, it will begin to write new automation until you let go
of it. This allows you to quickly change pre-written automation on the fly. To leave your track
in read mode in your DAW and eliminate any fader noise, simply set the Fader Mode to OFF.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by robreid1 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:38 pm
bringing up an old thread. trying to figure out how to keep studio one playing back the automation, but keeping my fader from moving on the FP16

When i hit read, the fader moves and reads the automation, when i hit off, it stops moving but also stops playing back the automation, sure i'm missing something dumb

3 posts
Page 1 of 1