3 posts
Page 1 of 1
As the title says, this has all worked in the past.

Here's the story- I have taken my Faderport out of my mix room and back into my tracking room. In the tracking room is a Firestudio 2626 w/ 2 Digimax FS firewired into a an old (maybe an '05) Toshiba laptop running XP

Yesterday, I plugged it in, it didn't work. I went to configure external devices and set the send/receive windows to midi in/out. Still didn't work. I googled that up and it turns out, I probably should have set the send/receive to USB audio device. So, I figured I would try that. Except now, the send/receive drop downs only say 'none' (well, receive also says 'Windows Synthesizer' too).
Since then, I have convoluted my troubleshooting and don't recall which usb port I used, restarted the computer a couple times, uninstalled/reinstalled the driver etc.

SO- What am I missing? Win XP, S1 2 Pro, Firestudio. Is there a prefered driver to keep the Faderport 'old school' with XP? I think I had V 1.3.5 at first, but might have rolled back to 1.2.5 (the folder said. The version info actually said 1.3.3 I think)
I'm still searching the forums here, but didn't find anything matching my situation, So I figured I'd ask while I kept poking around.

Now, I will say this- I know this setup is old. But this machine has continued to run reliably for many years and has out lived at least 4 (ostensibly 'better') machines trying to replace it.
And it works great now (granted, mostly just tracking. No heavy plug ins use).
Except for the Faderport. Which HAS worked on this rig before.

Any ideas?
Thanks, Sean
by genereaux on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:50 pm
OH, also-
When I try to use the installer, I get to the 'hold down Stop/Play/Rec' thing and they all flash, but when I click next, it says it can't find the controller
by genereaux on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:39 am
Wow. Nothing? That is a disappointment.

Well, I guess I solved it then- I threw it away. Kind of a bummer. Was cool while it lasted

3 posts
Page 1 of 1