10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Since the forums have now moved - there is an old post that will no longer show up in searches. I had started a thread about how to edit the FaderPort XML file so you could customize the FaderPort to your needs within Studio One.

If anyone has any interest in how to do that - you can check out the old thread here:
http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/41256.page

Obviously changes like this are not supported by Presonus... don't go to them if your FaderPort stops working. You will need to have a backup of the original XML file, or re-install the FaderPort if things go wrong. I will extend that by saying I can't support it either... I am only pointing you to that thread in case you want to give things a try for yourself.

Windows 10 Professional, 8 Gig Ram, Q9300 Intel 2.5G CPU, ATI 5400 Video
Firepod Interface, Studio One Artist (64 bit) V2, M-Audio Axiom 49, FaderPort
by Lawrence on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:29 pm
Win 7/8 only, although the xml file results should also work on Mac.

Updated: v0.0.0.7. Changed the UI a bit since it was annoying me.

Download

phpBB [video]
by Lawrence on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:15 am
To better facilitate the confused people still using Mac's (just a jokey joke :lol: don't take it seriously or get panties bunched), I put the tool up as a web app to allow Mac users to more easily create those xml files.

FaderPort Editor Web Page

Same link above as in my sig below...
by mwright137 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:28 pm
You rule.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by Bbd on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:30 am
Thank you so much for building this tool Mike. I will check it out this weekend.

Bbd

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by roland1 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:45 pm
LMike, I tried your automated xml creator, both on your website and as a standalone utility on my Win 7 PC. I cannot get the file to work. Was wondering if you can find the flaw in my logic here:

I am creating the file, renaming it faderport.surface.xml (done with care, so I'm not simply making a normal text file by mistake) and then locating this newly created file where the default file is located, which is in my Presonus folder in the "86" / 32 bit portion of my Windows 7 install.

I've tried this several times and did a complete reboot last time, just to see if there was a system level issue in reading it in that folder.

Then, when I run Studio One, the faderport does not function with those extended commands when pressing SHIFT.

I then go back to my default file, scratching my head. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Note: I am running S1 32bit on a 64 bit Windows 7 system. But I'm sure that is meaningless. Does the file need a space at the end (or something picky that's not so obvious?)

Much appreciated—including your efforts to build this cool app.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by Lawrence on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:50 pm
Send me the generated XML file via PM. If it's not working there must be an error in it somewhere.

Can't say I've used that app or the web page since I setup my own Faderport.
by roland1 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:05 pm
Just as a followup to anyone reading this: the file generated by the online faderport mapper works for me, but I'm having an issue using the standalone mapping app. on a Windows 7 PC.

Please stand by…operators are waiting to assist you.

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by BM Grabber on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:14 am
Me too. Didn't start up on my Win 7 pc, but started fine on two of my Win 8.1 computers.

After I tried on the Win 7 pc, I may think it is a permission issue (I will check when in the studio again)

PS. Just found the app. And it's a really great one.
by BM Grabber on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:59 pm
New install, forgot where to put the generated .xml file.

Somebody?

PS. Win 10 x64, S1 3.0.2

10 posts
Page 1 of 1